EIGHTEEN

»»————- ∘ ————-««

»»————- ∘ ————-««

IT WAS VERONICA'S confirmation, Violet was sitting down on one of the Churches benches in the same bench with Naviana, Kiri and Ranae. Veronica invited them and wanted them to come to her confirmation.

They were so far the few Southsiders Veronica really likes and can hopefully be close friends soon enough. Being a gracious person, Violet accepted and the girls agreed as well knowing they'd probably be the only Southsiders attending.

The girls watch Josie who's in the front of the church singing Bitter Sweet Symphony. Violet didn't know Josie was going to be part of Veronica's ceremony, nonetheless singing.

Someone else starts singing the song from the back of the church. The girls and everyone else in the church start turning their heads to face the back. They all see Veronica in a beautiful white dress singing along with Josie.

Veronica slowly walks up to the front of the church. You can see the happiness in her face while she's singing.

Once they're done singing, Josie goes and sits down. They then proceed to do the eating of the bread.

Veronica is kneeled down with the Monsignor in front of her. He places the piece of bread into her open palms. She then puts it into her mouth. The Monsignor then does the cross on her forehead.

Veronica is now standing facing everyone in the church. An older lady stands beside her, holding her right shoulder with a smile on her face.

     "Do you, Veronica Cecilia Lodge, renounce Satan and all evil works? And do you walk in the light of the Lord?" The Monsignor asks looking at Veronica.

     "Cecilia?" Kiri turns to look at the girls upon hearing Veronica's middle name. "Never would of thought that be her middle name." Ranae comments looking in front her staring at the whole ceremony. "Shh." Violet looks at the girls to be quiet.

Violet is now staring at Veronica who's taking her time to reply to the question. She sees her staring off to the crowd. Violet looks up ahead of her to see what she's staring at. She notices her line of vision was to a guy that was a few benches in front of her. Violet only saw the back of his head but she knew it was the back of Archie's head.

She then looks back up to Veronica who has a small smile on her face when she replies, "I do."

Music played loudly around Violet and the girls at Veronica's confirmation party. The girls were huddle close to each other, chatting away. Violet was drinking out of her cup looking around the place. She was studying everyone who was here.

Violet noticed Veronica's parents talking to Josie's mom. She wondered what they were talking about. Could it be how beautiful the ceremony was? How both their daughters sang beautifully? Who knows what they were talking about.

Violet was then distracted by seeing a bothered Jughead walking up some stairs. "Uh guys, I'll be right back okay?" Violet handed her drink to Kiri so she can hold it. She then walked away from her group of friends. She walked up the stairs to follow the direction Jughead went.

Once up the stairs she saw Jughead leaning on the railing looking down at everyone enjoying the party.

     "Hey what's with the long face Jones?" Violet approached Jughead who turned away from the railing and was now facing Violet. "It's the Serpents. They're meeting to decide if I'm getting kicked out or not."

Violet looked surprised with Jughead's reply, "What! Why are they doing that?" Jughead sighs looking at the ground before responding. "I broke a code, I messed up bad. Really bad."

Violet gave a questioned look, wondering how bad he must of done to possibly getting kicked out of the serpents. She couldn't believe he broke a serpent code. "You know Penny?" Jughead questioned Violet who nodded. "Well she suckered me into delivering drugs. And my dad, too, he got roped in. So, couple of serpents and I, we found her, grabbed her, and I cut her."

Violet has shock all over her face, her mouth was open, not believing what Jughead was telling her, "You did what now?" Jughead shook his head, "The worst part is, none of it even matters. 'Cause she's back."

Violet stayed silent trying to have all his words sink in before replying back to him. "Well if it makes you feel any better, I never liked Penny. She seemed really suspicious and sketchy to me. Seems to me that bitch kind of deserved it after she tricked you and F.P. on selling drugs. Real serpents wouldn't do that to each other." Jughead just scoffs and gives a yeah face to her showing that he agrees.

     "So what else is new besides you cutting someone?" Violet put two fingers over her extended right arm and did a slashing motion, she chuckled. "Have you heard the statue head of General Pickens' was decapitated and they're blaming the serpents?" Jughead with a serious face looked at Violet's now confused face.

"They're doing what now?" Violet furrowed her brows looking confused and mad at the same time. She made a mental note to curse Toni out for not keeping her up to date like she always does. "Since when did the statue get decapitated? It was perfectly fine at Pickens' Day." Violet had her arm out with a puzzled expression.

"Looks like someone did it late last night or early in the morning. Either way they're blaming the serpents for this because of the little rally we had yesterday. Oh and we're also getting evicted too from Sunnyside Trailers."

Violet breathed in and then let out her breath trying to calm herself, "Gosh what's with these Northsiders picking on and blaming the serpents and Southsiders!" She was ready to go off on a rant but then she saw Betty Cooper walking up the stairs.

Betty looked at Violet for a second then looked at Jughead, "Hey. It's not like Jughead Jones to neglect a free buffet." Betty had a small smile on her lips while looking at Jughead. "You okay?" She asked with concern in her voice.

Jughead looked at Violet then faces Betty, "It's the serpents." Betty has a concern look on her face, she was going to talk when Violet interrupted, "Um excuse me, I'm just going to go back and join the party. Just going to let you guys talk in private." Violet started slowly walking towards the stairs, feeling uncomfortable and like a third wheel.

Betty gave her a small smile of gratitude before Violet went down the stairs to join everyone else in Veronica's confirmation party.

»»————- ∘ ————-««

author's note | don't forget to vote, and comment ✨