TEN

»»————- ∘ ————-««

»»————- ∘ ————-««

IT WAS FINALLY the day where it was Pickens' Day in Riverdale. Everyone was gathered outside where they celebrate it.  The space was filled with lots of things around to enjoy. Including, standing so proudly the statue of General Augustus Pickens. Everyone was enjoying themselves and celebrating Pickens' Day.

Violet and the girls arrived to where Pickens' Day is being held at. Around them were plenty of picnic tables decorated around them with balloons. They spotted a food truck as well as a popcorn stand.

Looking around her surroundings Violet sees it's basically lots of Northsiders and barely any Southsiders. She didn't see any of her other friends. She just sees the Northsiders that she is familiar with.

Violet spots Josie who's next to her mom talking to a really attractive lady. Violet wondered who the lady was. The lady was someone Violet has never seen or met before. She kind of wondered what they were talking about because Josie's mom doesn't seem too happy towards the mysterious lady.

She looks around and spots Archie talking to quite a handsome guy by the popcorn stand. She wondered who he was as well. He was wearing a nice suit, that looked great on him. She's never seen or met him either.

     "Hey let's get a snow cone." Naviana nodded her head towards the snow cone stand. The girls agreed and went to get some snow cones.

     "Hello Riverdale." The girls turned around from the snow cone stand facing the stage in front of them. They saw Archie's dad on the stage talking through the microphone. "Happy Pickens' Day."

The crowd cheers, while Violet slowly licked her snow cone looking at the people in front of her and watching Archie's dad up on the stage.

     "On behalf of Lodge Industries and Andrews Construction, we are thrilled to kick things off with a new twist on an old favorite. So, Veronica and the Pussycats." Archie's dad finished and left the stage while Veronica and the Pussycats started singing.

Violet face was shocked from the words that left his voice. The girls seemed surprised as well. Violet looked around the crowd when she spotted Josie looking very shocked and hurt as well.

     "Shit just got real." Ranae chuckled while licking her snow cone. "Looks like the Pussycats didn't break up after all. They just continued without Josie." Kiri stated with a shrug to her shoulders.

     "Gosh poor Josie." Naviana shook her head looking at the group performing. "Uh excuse me what? Poor Josie? Nah what she think? She can go all Beyoncé and the others would be ok doing nothing? Nah good for them." Ranae continued licking her snow cone, not phased that Naviana was looking at her surprised of her words.

Naviana was gonna say something back when Violet put her hand out, which stopped her from her tracks. Naviana noticed Violet was staring off into the distance. She looked out to the distance to see what Violet was seeing.

Violet saw a group of serpents heading to the front of the stage. Many of them were holding signs, some saying Honor this Land or Defend this Land. She also noticed quite a few of them had duct tape over their mouths. She wasn't quite sure what was going on but she spotted her friends in the group of serpents.

If her friends were part of this then she too would be showing her support along with them. Violet would always have her friends back no matter what.

Violet immediately started walking to the group, dropping her snow cone in the trash on her way. The girls look at each other for a second before following Violet right behind.

Violet reached the group of serpents, who were now in front of the stage facing the crowd.

"Toni? Jughead? What the hell is going on?" Veronica looked at the group of serpents with disbelief.

Fangs saw Violet and handed her the sign he was holding that read, Sacred Land. Violet proudly stood with her friends holding the sign with a serious face.

"We're here representing the dead and the silenced. Pickens' Day is a lie." Toni stated through the megaphone she was holding.

The crowd was a bit shocked from her words. "General Pickens slaughtered the Uktena tribe, my grandfather's family. And this land, the land that we're standing on, the land that will soon give way to a new Southside, was stolen from them. And we can't bring them back, but we can and we must honor them."

Violet was shock from hearing those words that were coming out of Toni's mouth. She didn't know about this but she's glad she knows now. As well that she is here with her friends showing her support.

"Hey, folks, hi." The group of serpents turn around to face the person talking through the microphone on stage. Violet noticed it was the very handsome guy who was talking with Archie earlier.

"Uh I think we can all be proud to live in a Riverdale where young people stand up for justice. Where a young woman can defend the honor and legacy of her grandfather." He motioned his hand towards Toni. "And where we can celebrate the living legacy of the Uktena, who contribute to the rich tapestry that is Riverdale, that is the Southside and that will be SoDale. So let's hear a round of applause for that, am I right?"

The crowd applaud the man in the suit. Violet saw that Toni wasn't so sure about the outcome of this. She could tell that Toni was upset with the words that came out of the man in the suit.

"That's right. What do you say, people?" The crowd kept applauding. Violet noticed Jughead looking quite mad. He took off his duct tape off his mouth and was ready to go towards the man in the suit. When an older guy behind him, grabbed him from his right shoulder, holding him back from doing anything.

Violet wasn't so sure who the guy in the suit was, but she has a feeling he's probably not one of the good guys.

»»————- ∘ ————-««

author's note | riverdale is back and so is the updates of this book!

don't forget to vote, and comment ✨