TWENTY-SIX

»»————- ∘ ————-««

»»————- ∘ ————-««

IT WAS ANOTHER day at Riverdale High. Violet and her friends were attending a meeting about the election of Student Body President.

Violet and her friends sat in the back of the room. Violet was bored hearing everyone, it was just really about Veronica's campaign. Everyone had to hear them out and all they had to say.

Up in the stage was Josie and Veronica standing in front of the microphone stands. In the back behind them was Archie sitting down with a guitar on his lap.

     "We live in uncertain times, but here's one thing I'm very certain of my girl Ronnie here, along with her running mate, Betty Cooper, has my vote to be Riverdale High's next President and Vice President." Josie talked through the microphone while Veronica seemed happy with Josie's speech.

"And of course, we remind everyone, especially the women, to vote and be heard this election." Josie finished her speech on supporting Veronica. The crowd started applauding afterwards.

Josie then started singing with Archie playing the guitar in the background. Veronica joining in with Josie.

Violet then saw Ethel going around the crowd passing out papers. Ethel got to Violet's row, where she was sitting in. She gave a piece of paper to her as well to Kiri, Ranae and Naviana. Violet looked at the piece of paper Ethel handed to her.

She saw a picture of Veronica with drawn out devil ears and tail. On top of the sheet it read, Did you Know? She read what was on the piece of paper and was shocked but wasn't much surprised. A switch automatically got turn on for Violet, a switch full of dislike towards Veronica.

The girls gasp on the words written on the paper.

Veronica Lodge is a shareholder in her parents business and will be profiting personally from it!

She knew they were turning Southside High into a prison!

Veronica knew Southside High was closing!

Her dad bought Pop's Diner, The Register, and Sunnyside Trailer Park!

"Violet was right." Kiri looked up from the piece of paper looking at Violet. "Veronica Lodge was always with her parents evil doings." Ranae stared at Veronica up on the stage with bitterness on her face.

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Violeta stated all bitter. She then crumbled the piece of paper and walked out of the place with the girls following behind.

Violet was chained at Southside High with the serpents. It was a gloomy and rainy day. It's been a fews days since Ethel passed around the truth about Veronica. Today they were chained up to their ex school to try and stop it from being turned into a prison.

Violet was wearing a high waisted checkered pleated skirt. She was a bit cold but she thought she can hold it in. Luckily she was wearing an oversized jacket that helped a bit to be a lot warmer.

Violet was there supporting her fellow ex South Side High classmates. Ranae, Naviana and Kiri were also there chained up supporting their old school. In front of them stood a crowd of spectators watching them. Some were on their side and others weren't.

She noticed joining part of the crowd was Betty Cooper and Kevin Keller. They were under an umbrella and seemed like they were showing support. Kevin had his phone out recording everything.

"Save our school!" Violet chanted along with everyone chained up to the school. They kept chanting it like their lives depended on it. "Here comes trouble." Naviana nudged Violet and looking at the distance. Violet looked out to where she was looking and saw what Naviana is seeing, "Great" mumbled Violet.

Incoming was Archie leading a small group which looked like it was the wrestling team. They were approaching the students chained up to the school. FP walked in front of Jughead and was now face to face with Archie. "Cops may let you by, Red, but you come in here acting like a big man and I will knock you down." FP was ready for a fight but his son wasn't going to let that happen.

     "Dad, don't! They'll throw you in jail. Don't give him an excuse." Jughead warned his dad. FP stepped back and now Archie and Jughead were facing each other. "I'm sorry, Jughead." Archie stated holding some wire cutters.

     "Me too." Jughead said with a sad tone to his voice, "I'm not gonna fight you, Archie. Look around." Almost everybody in the crowd in front of them held their phones out, recording or taking pictures. They wondered what is about to go down.

     "It may have taken a couple of days, but now people know what Hiram's doing, what's happening here. This fight is not gonna go away. We're not gonna go away. So go on, cut us down. I want them to see you do it." Jughead extends his arms and raises them up so Archie can cut the chains off of him.

Without a second thought Archie cuts the chains from Jughead, leaving him to be free. The crowd starts booing Archie's action. Archie goes ahead and starts freeing the rest. Archie goes to Violet ready to cut her chains.

     "I should of known your whole 'we should put our Northside-Southside differences apart and start over' was a whole trick." Violet stated looking at Archie with so much dislike. "But I guess I understand because you gotta impress the in-laws. Am I right Archibald?" She waited for him to say something but instead he responded by cutting off her chains.

Archie went ahead and poked her to move along. Violet gave him a nasty look and then she moved away from the school. Archie went and started pushing Jughead to move a long as well. The rest of the wrestling team doing the same with the rest of the group, including Kiri, Ranae and Naviana.

Everyone was out of the chains and away from the school. Jughead and Archie were exchanging looks at each other. Violet went ahead and gave Archie the finger before turning around and walking away from her old school.

»»————- ∘ ————-««

author's note | don't forget to vote, and comment ✨