13. Stars and Light

➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖

➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖

They always told me that when you fall in love, you always find the stars and light in their eyes.

The first time I heard it, I remember choking on my water because it was just that funny.

And yet the first time we confronted each other about our feelings, I wasn't laughing so much any more.

And the first time we made love... I don't even remember anything except for the stars and light I saw shining in your eyes.

There is was, right there, the blues of your eyes twinkling so magnificently like the sparkles of the ocean on a summer morning, your gaze pulling me back to reality every time I lost touch about the way you made me feel.

People always told me that sex was a big deal, either because of societal disapproval or because how it was supposed to be an emotional journey between two people when they reached the apex of their love.

And while I agree to a certain extent with both these ideas, I also believe that sex is not the ultimate destination of consummating any relationship. It's the beginning of a new one.

Sure, what's it's supposed to be made of is primarily desire and lust, love and need, passion and intimacy. But when you kissed me that night, I realized that it wasn't just about primaries anymore.

This was about the stars and light that people always told me about.

Shoot me down if you want, I've always been old-school about how romance was meant to be. But whenever I picture your lips, they bring light to my head. Warm, enveloping light that makes me feel welcome. Every time I picture your fingers working their way around, I can see stars in broad daylight.

Sparks that are capable of setting my heart on fire.

And yet the thought of our eyes meeting in the moment of the hour did nothing more than push me over the edge, not entirely for it to go in vain, but just enough to know that you have the key to paradise.

And boy you did.

I always believed that lovesick puppies believed in stars and magic. After you, I'm not ashamed to admit that I believe in them too. Because it's true. All my love, I've been a paroxysm in myself, always yearning for love yet pushing away potentials when the moment so came in.

But with you, even though I tried, it never really worked. Because attractions and liking I could defy, but what were the odds when love was involved?

There are thousands of ways that people have tried to explain or quantify love before me. But I were to explain what it was for me, it was a depthless mass of loving ocean. If you knew how to swim, you'd survive. If you didn't... well, you were bound to get suffocated eventually.

But in either case, stars and lights would be the last thing you were destined to see at the end of it all, either as your death or your life.

And for me, well, you were a bit of both.

➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖