15. Our Realm

➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖

➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖

There is a secluded haven in us.

We are not just two people in a relationship, our relationship in itself is a haven where we both come to seek refuge when the world become a a little too much to take.

It's our own happy place.

When we began dating, we were very clear on the fact that we didn't want to be involved in each other's social groups because that was an individual space we both enjoyed. Apart from basic introductions at parties with plus ones required, we both preferred keeping each other out of social loops.

Our friends told us that bringing in girlfriends and boyfriends were allowed. We knew they were, but we were also aware that it made things awkward at times because more often than not friends considered them tag-alongs. We both certainly had our share of feeling so.

But I guess we both never disclosed our actual reason for this even though subconsciously we were on the same footing. The truth is, we didn't want to share each other with friends. We wanted each other for ourselves.

We were each other's happy place, a place where we liked being alone. Social interactions were not taboo, per se, but we enjoyed the seclusion we had away from prying eyes and noses. We were more than happy to find moments of romance between us alone than in front of 20 people being made awkward.

We always had troubles sharing each other's attention even as friends, be is Zara in your case or Keath in mine. We were just too afraid to be called cheesy for coming off as jealous or possessive. We were long-distance friends then, we were bound to maintain some pride.

But when you moved to England and we took off, this was amongst the first things we actually ended up confessing apart from the obvious. We didn't restrict each other from friends and having a social life (quite the contrary), but we preferred keeping our circles separate.

The only people we wanted in a mutual circle were each other.

There are nights when things are tough for both of us. Either there's too much work or the ghosts of the past seem to resurface like an unpleasant wind. It's those nights when we realize the true potent of us.

Those are the nights when we decide to sleep over at the other's place or have each other over as company, the night almost always ending in each other's arms, making love.

Those are the nights when the bonds of the past are severed, the dripping passion of every second driving everything away. Pains, scars, worries... everything.

Until it's just the two of us left.

Every one of those nights are different from the rest because those are the nights when we learn even more intimate details about each other. Not physically, but emotionally.

Those are the nights when our souls are dancing stark naked in our eyes, letting each other delve into the depths of them to tame and heal wounds that seem to be taking forever.

Wounds that have defined the way we are today.

When the nights draw to a close along with our own little interlude, stars still dancing in our eyes, we wait for dawn to break across. To break the hypnosis of the moment and to dispel the last remnants of what we've just shared.

We know that it's not a haven we can live in forever; tomorrow was just another day. But we knew that it was a haven we'd both found for the first time in years, a haven that we now knew was our temple of refuge.

Our very own realm.

➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖〰️➖