Bonus Chapter

In Celebration of  HVs two year anniversary, I decided to give you lovely readers a bonus chapter. This is to thank you for your support.

This scene is set after Emery and Miles' Wedding.

Enjoy.

· · • • • ✤ • • • · ·

Emery

The love of a family is life's greatest blessing. I read the quote on the photo album once again.

"Do you like it?" I looked up from the frame when my secretary asked that.

"Kim, this is beautiful." It was a group photo of the workers at HOPE that we took earlier in the day during the Penelope fundraiser.

"Good because it's yours." I raised a brow. Before I could say anything, Kim added, "Mr. Clifford asked me to give one to each member of the Dekker family."

Two years. That was how long it's been since I made the decision to work at HOPE when Dean offered me his position as senior Accountant at the foundation. Till this day, I still don't know why he did it after spending all those years fighting for it only to hand it over to me-the wife of his so-called rival.

But working at HOPE was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I found more than a family and I was grateful for that every single minute I spent at the foundation.

"I will get it wrapped up for you." I handed the frame back to Kim.

Today being my grandma-in-law's birthday, the Dekker family as well as the workers at HOPE decided to do something special for Penelope.

After weeks of planning, the support team voted on a Penelope Fundraiser- it was to raise enough money to pay for the hospital bills of a list of war Veterans at the local hospitals.

That quote was part of the speech Grandma Penelope gave today at the Fundraiser so we decided to frame it and place it at the reception-and apparently gift copies of it.

"Here you go." Kim placed the wrapped frame on my empty desk. "Do you need anything else before you leave?"

"Yes." I bent to my side to pick the welcome note card from one of my drawers. "Please make sure the temp gets this when he arrives tomorrow."

"Sure. Is that all?"

"That will be all Kim. Thank you." Kim nodded. She grabbed the financial reports we compiled earlier and stood up to leave.

"My greetings to the family and have a wonderful maternity leave, Mrs. Dekker."

On cue, I felt a kick in my left side. "Thank you Kim."

I finished my coconut milk and stood up gently from my seat. After the day's activity, my back ached and the swell in my feet hadn't gotten any better but the smiles I have witnessed today was worth it all.

Just as I slipped on my flops, my phone rang. Shit. I cringed when my husband's name flashed across the screen. After the fundraiser, he left with the support team to deliver the incentives to the local hospitals, leaving Cooper behind to drive me back home but there was work to do and Grandma Penny needed to rest so I told Cooper to send the old lady home.