Chapter 46

There are many forms of apology, but none beats a sincere admittance forged from the bottom of one's heart

And in complete honesty Billion had made amends for his mistakes and all he was asking for, was forgiveness.

But how do one cope when they are trying to mend fences and the other party is stonewalling?

After endless hours of tossing and turning in bed, Billion let out a relieved sigh when the dark hues of the night began to fade.

It was a brand new dawn, one that carried an untrodden weekend, and what better way to start it than a jog. So at the onset of daylight, Billion pulled on some warm clothes and went for a run.

Flustered with his contending emotions, Billion left the estate without his bodyguard as he needed not to only relieve his pent up anger but some time alone to reason freely.

The crisp freshness of the breeze caressed him while he jogged through the never-ending rows of blooming trees, but not even its balming coolness could calm Billion's raging mind.

Without an ounce of doubt Billion knew Emery Hamilton was the main object of his throes, but he had a more messier quandary on his plate at the moment.

Only a DNA test will prove whether Ryan is your son or not.

Billion nearly tripped over his own foot when Luciana's words came at him, but he caught himself before he could kiss the paved street and picked up his pace.

After their coffee date, weeks ago where everything went downhill, Billion had been procrastinating his next meeting with the woman and the child he might have fathered.

Indeed they were both immersed in last year's new-year spirit but Billion never ever takes the trip without protection. No matter how drunk he may be.

Hence Billion's near heart attack when Luciana confessed to him that she had reasons to doubt her nursing son was her fiance's.

The news had robbed Billion of speech and he had been in great denial to the extent of arguing with Luciana and storming out of the coffee shop.

After that evening, it'd been sleepless nights of calculation and though Billion knew there was a ninety percent chance that the boy wasn't his son, the ten percent lapse made him question everything.

Running for minutes on end, Billion's breath began to grow shallow, a sign from his overused lung and heart to slow down, and this time he yielded to the warning.

Sucking in lungfuls of breath, Billion scanned his environment to make sure he hadn't gone off his usual trail and once certain of his setting, he inched over to a loveseat by the sidewalk and sat down to calm his racing heart.

Minutes went by and Billion was still slouched in the loveseat, lost in his thoughts.

It was when the sun rays began to beat on him that he edged off the bench and trotted back home.