A Different Past: Spyro

Master Eon smiled at his now finished home, a large home with three bedrooms, a living room, bathroom, kitchen and a large porch in the front. The house was white with blue shingles and outlines, inside was close to the outside yet it was furnished with regular household items. Now he could officially move in. It took him a few hours but he finally unloaded all of his things into his home, yet his chest felt empty, this confused him. He shook it off and decided to talk a walk in the woods to clear his mind. As he walked, he heard distant crying. He was there in a flash, finding eggshells on the ground leading to a bush. Bending down, he noticed a purple paw, jumping back once a small line of fire shot out. A dragon.

The young dragon was scared, yet as Master Eon called out to him, the baby dragon made its way out of the bush. The dragon had red eyes, not only just the color but also because it was crying, his scales were purple and his horns were orange. Master Eon noticed the blood on his other paw which he held close to himself.

"Are you hurt little one? I can help you if you'll let me." Master Eon spoke in a soft voice, the dragon looked up at him with teary eyes, seeming to understand that he wouldn't hurt him. He held his paw out and master Eon examined it, noticing a thorn cut deep into his paw, he must've only just hatched a few minutes ago otherwise his scaled wouldn't have been this soft. Master Eon held his hands our, gently picking the dragon up, which the baby didn't seem to mind. Once he made sure there was no mother, he took him back to his newly built home, placing him on the counter in the kitchen and slowly messaged the thorn out, along with the baby growling at him. Once it was out, he wrapped his paw up to keep it from getting infected.

"There, all done now." He said, gently clapping his hands together then proceeded to rub them. The young dragon examined his wrapped paw, sniffing at the white bandages then looked up at Master Eon, opening his mouth to release a small whine.

"I suppose you don't have a name. How about Spyro?" He asked, the baby dragon smiled and flapped its small wings, though only of excitement since he was too weak to fly.

"Well Spyro, I should put you to bed, eat this and I'll fix up something." He said, handing him a bowl of soup from his own dinner before he left. Spyro happily drank the soup as Master Eon fathered extra blankets and pillows, creating a small nest for Spyro in the living room. Once Spyro was done, Master Eon placed the baby dragon there to sleep, which he did almost instantly. Master Eon smiled down at him before getting up and proceeding to get ready for bed himself.

                                       ~•~

Plenty of years after, Spyro was around fifteen years old now, the small scar on his paw reminded him of why he thought of Master Eon as his father, yet always called him Eon. Spyro flew through the blue sky, a smile on his face as he laughed, seeming to be enjoying his flight. He had always been a helping had to Master Eon and any travelers going by. He was a good hearted dragon that everyone adored, yet he didn't take that into affect and become self centered. He took it as a compliment and was always ready to help and jump into action.

Spyro held his wings out, allowing him to glide peacefully through the air. He enjoyed nice, sunny days like this one. Everything was perfect, the temperature in the wind that carried him in the air, yet he felt something was off. Like he should be doing more than just an evening flight. Something told him he want meant for more, but what? He shook his head and turned around, making sure to return quickly. He didn't like going too deep in thought. Once he was home, he ate and decided to sleep on it, going to his room and laying on his circular bed and falling asleep.

Spyro opened his eyes, he was in his room but it seemed... different somehow. He stood and walked out, finding a different hallway than his own home. Her furrowed his eyebrows in confusion until he walked around. It seemed the same her decorated differently. But outside it was another coloration, an all wooden house that was two stories, built like his normal one. Now he knew something was up, he turned around and opened his wings until his jaw dropped, seeing a large castle like place that looked almost like his home. Though there were blurred figures running in and out of the large building.

"Spyro, are you ready to go?" A voice asked, he turned to see a minty green blur walking towards him. Spyro shot out of bed, panting a moment before looking around. This was his room. He stepped out the door. This was his hallway. He went outside. This was his home. He shook his head and passed off the strange dream, but it felt real, too real.