A Different Past: Flameslinger

The afternoon was quiet despite the cries of Goliath drows, the large fortress belonged to a woman of power, she had a whole army of drow who worked for her, along with a rare toy she loved to abuse. Inside, the young elf was curled in a ball in the back of a cell, he was only about five at the most. He wasn't crying, yet his body was shaking uncontrollably from the cold, anything of his opposite element was used on him for fun. He coughed loudly, a bit of blood with it. He had just beaten a Goliath drow, some game the woman of this place enjoyed for him.

The boy sat up and looked down at his shaking hands, balling them into tight fists as he bent over, his stomach growling loudly. He jumped as he heard footsteps down the hall, though he didn't move a muscle. Only the trolls were afraid of him here since he'd kill any of them at any given time, though he wasn't allowed to touch a drow unless it's in the arena, otherwise he would be whipped brutally.

"Hey, look who it is." One of them said as the footsteps stopped at his cell. The boy closed his eyes tightly, knowing that his eyes are what got him in this mess. They weren't like a normal elf's eyes, instead they were orange from the fire inside them, his magic as deadly as his element.

"It's the freak show, good job in the arena today!" Another shouted, the boy felt something hard hit his back, though he didn't flinch or make a sound.

"Oh? Playing hard to get them?" The other asked, his ear twitched as he heard keys jingle until the door opened.

"Let's have a bit of fun." His friend said, the door closing behind them. The boy looked up in time to see a foot lunging at him, he swiftly dodged it, he wasn't allowed to touch them but he could run. Though unluckily, the other one grabbed him and slammed him to the ground, once the two surrounded him, they began to kick him and throw him around. Though once the boy seemed he had enough, they grabbed his limp body and threw him into a cage, he was conscious but didn't want to move.

"You're lucky, you get to leave." One of them said before throwing a cover of the cage, the boy felt the cage moved and wobble as he was sent off. It seemed forever until the cover was moved again, he was transferred somewhere new. He shakily sat up and looked around the vast throne room, taking in each dark detail.

"You're here! It's about time!" A woman's voice yelled out, he turned his head and saw a woman in a cloak approach him, her pointed fingers reaching in. He wanted to growl, yet something told him not to.

"Anything else miss Kaosandra?" The drow from before asked, she shook her head.

"Leave, I have no use for you now." Kaosandra said, looking at them. The two instantly were gone, leaving the two alone. He jumped as the door to the cage opened, he stared at it with confusion.

"Don't worry, my little pet, I'll use your powers for something much better." She said as he slowly stepped out, wincing and falling to the ground, clutching his stomach. Kaosandra held her hands out, then glowing green as the pain subsided. He looked up at her with confusion.

"Thank you..." he mumbled, she smiled down at him.

"Yes, my servant will take you to your sleeping quarters with some food, expect to be trained from now on." She said, a troll then led him to a room, there was food inside of it already, though the door shut and was locked behind him. His ears lowered as he approached and slowly ate the food.

~~~

About ten years had passed since he became Kaosandra's little pet, he had grown and was trained by her best henchmen, him even learning some of his own tricks. His hair had grown out, which he put in a sloppy ponytail. Though what made him more interesting was the white bandages wrapped around his face, neck and any other part of his skin showing. Only his mouth and eyes remained in view. He wore a long jacket that ended just below his knees, the hood of it always covering his head, a dark shirt and pants with black boots. He was simple yet it struck fear.

Over the years Kaosandra has treated him better, yet it was still cruel. He was still locked away, yet when he was out it was by her orders simply because she treated him like a dog. He didn't like her petting him, but he tolerated it. Not once has he thought about betraying her simply because he knows what she's capable of, he was almost afraid of her and everything at most. He barely spoke, yet when he did it was a low mumble, he was just broken.

Currently he was in an empty room, sitting in the corner with his knees pulled up to his chest, he couldn't cry anymore, not because he refused, but simply because he can't. He sighed, hating the way he looked, he hated everything about himself, yet he was still alive. Once he closed his eyes, he was met with a strange dream.

He looked around and examined the strange castle and blurred figures around him, unsure of what this was until someone spoke behind him.

"Hey Flameslinger, are you still going?" A male voice asked, he turned to see a purple blur behind him. Who was Flameslinger?

"Yeah, I was waiting for you." He said suddenly, making him confused. But he didn't have a name, what was this? The elf opened his eyes, meeting the same empty room. He only had a few minutes of sleep, causing him to sigh and give up trying, he had trouble with it anyway.