A Stealthy Flight

Spyro:

Even a month after that first dream, Spyro kept having them repetitively. Though they each reveal more and more about what that place might be, he learned it was some kind of school, but for what? Whatever a Slylander was, that was a school for them. That confused Spyro, since where he lived looked almost just like the large castle in his dream, but the same group of people came up. It was like he knew them, but how? Who were they? Spyro shook his head, he needed to get out of the house.

After dismissing himself, he left Master Eon behind and flew high into the sky. He flew high above the clouds, allowing the winds there to carry him. Usually flying cleared his mind, until he suddenly smelled smoke. He looked down and noticed he seemed to be in a different part of the forest. The trees were much darker here, like it was untouched, though in the distance there was a smoke flying into the air. He decided to investigate and fly there, getting close enough to land on the ground before slowly sneaking up to the campfire. It was in a clearing with a large tree holding a tree house in it.

He heard movement not too far next to him, looking there he found an elf wearing a mask walking to the fire with a few fish on a stick. She sat on the log and placed the stick across the fire to let the fish cook. Her ear twitched has she slouched some.

"I know you're there, come out." She said, Spyro jumped but walked out into the clearing.

"I smelled smoke, I was just investigating, I'm sorry." He apologized, the girl turned and looked at him, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Everything here is fine, I make sure of it." She said, reaching her hand out to turn the fish. Spyro froze, why does her voice sound familiar?

"Are you the guardian of this forest?" He asked, why he asked it, he was unsure.

"Yeah, I am." She said, though her ears lowered, making him feel bad.

"I'm Spyro, what's your name?" He asked, she lifted her head up and lowered her mask.

"Stealth Elf." She replied, flashing him a small smile.

"Are you out here by yourself?" He asked, she frowned and nodded.

"I have been for awhile now." She answered, taking the fish off and offering one to him, Spyro took it to be polite.

"Thank you. If you want I can come visit you sometimes to you don't always feel alone." He said, her ears perked up as she looked at him.

"That's not really necessary, I don't want to take up your time" She said, a polite smile on her face, Spyro at the fish quickly before smiling again.

"I insist, I have to go back now but I'll come visit tomorrow. I feel like we'll be good friends." He said, she flashed him a smile as he flew off. Spyro was happy, he made what seems like a new friend.

~~~

Stealth Elf:

Stealth Elf paced back and forth in her treehouse, after the first visit with Spyro, he had almost came in visited her each day. Yet she felt very comfortable with him like she's known him longer than a week. Then that dream popped back in her mind, she only witnessed a few times after the first one, but this week it was nonstop. She was waiting for him to get here to talk about it, though she was worried maybe it would sound crazy. Her ear twitched at the sound of wingbeats, a smile on her face as she looked outside to see the purple dragon. She was there in almost an instant.

"Spyro! I have something I wanna talk about!" She exclaimed, he was taken aback for a moment.

"Oh.. alright I guess, what's up?" He asked as the two sat down.

"I've been having these weird dreams with the same group of people at some kind of castle thing, everyone is a blur though..." her voice trailed off as she stared at his shocked face, "it's crazy I know..."

"You have them too?" He asked, she looked up at him in confusion.

"I'm not the only one?" She asked with a smile.

"I never mentioned it because I thought I would sound weird or something." He said, the two laughed before going silent.

"What about the other two?" She asked, looking in his direction, he seemed deep in thought.

"I don't know who they are, but if these dreams mean something then I think we should talk to Master Eon about this." He said, her eyes widened as she recognized the name.

"He's a portal master right?" She asked, he nodded.

"Maybe he'll know something about this. I live with him." He said, she stood.

"We should go now, if these dreams are important then we should get to the bottom of them." She said, Spyro smiled and allowed her on his back, then took off to his home. She looked back at the treehouse, wondering if she made the right decision.