Part 6 : I used to love you (and I still do it, my love.)

As she saw Alice and Robyn interact together, as in old good time, before the curse, almost as if they forgot nothing, Regina had a painful smile.

She was thinking about Drizella.

The one she loved, the one who betrayed her, and who seemed to want to be forgiven.

She still didn't know if she could do it...

(But Belle forgave Rumple so many times, and so did Snow with her too, while in both cases, the mistakes that had been done had been far worst than the one Drizella did.

Without forgetting the fact that her former loved really seemed to want to change, just as Rapunzel herself.)

"I guess you're thinking about Ivy... Rumple told her.

- I guess I can't hid anything from you, Regina mumbled, a little (a lot) melancholic.

- When you think about it, you and I are the only one, here, in this room, who are alone, the wizard analyzed with a smile. Tilly and Margot are here for each other, even if they still don't know it, Zelena has her fiance... Chad, if I am not wrong. I am a widower, and your dear little wicked girlfriend and you are separated, so...

- She is not wicked !

- Indeed, it suits more you dear sister."

Regina had a light smile.

"And I guess you still don't know what to do about her.

- When did I hire you to give me advice about my sentimental life exactly ?

- Well, if I am working for you, I think you're a really bad boss, I am afraid I am going to stop this work right now ! More seriously, you should listen to what she has to tell you, instead of ignoring her the way you did. Even if, I have to acknowledge this, you were right to do it."

Regina nodded her head.

"Yes, you're right."

The day after this conversation, before everyone went to the hospital, Drizella again came to Regina's bar, a new time.

"Roni... can we talk ?

The witch indicated with a look to her sister and to her niece (who just came back to Hyperion Heights, and who was working at the bar, just as her mother) that she was leaving the bar for a time.

"I am listening to you.

- I was wrong. And I am sorry for what I did to you Regina, I swear I am."

The former queen had a painful smile. She couldn't forgive her that easily, well, this was not how things worked, right ? Except that her, people forgave her, Henry, Emma, and Snow, they did it, despite what she did, and at a time where she may not completely deserved to be.

And Drizella didn't do the half of the quarter of what she herself did.

Or even of what Tremaine committed.

And, she had to recognize it, she just wanted the pain in her heart, this pain which woke up when Drizella woke up her, to stop, to disappear.

So, slowly, she came closer to the young woman, who was not moving anymore.

She took her hand, and she smiled to her, with sincerity and joy this time.

"I will need time to forgive you, Drizella... But I want you to know that... I love you Drizella."

The witch's eyes then opened wide. Because it was the first time she was able to say these words. They never say that they loved each other, before, in Enchanted Forest (well, Drizella told these words, indeed, but as Regina was unconscious at this moment, it didn't really matter), because it couldn't have worked at this time.

And, trembling with emotion, the young woman began to smile.

"I love you too Regina, she confessed."

When the other woman came to take her in her arms, the witch told herself that she never felt that happy before (or at least, this time, she could completely savor this moment of happiness, with nothing which could spoil it.)

"Now, come with me, Regina told her with a smile, at the bar, to take a drink with me. We have at least two or three hours before we go to the hospital."

Drizella accepted.

§§§§

At the bar, there was obviously Zelena, as Margot, and also – oh, what a surprise ! - Tilly, no one expected it... Regina had an amused smile, as she saw the – light but real – rapprochement between her niece and the other young woman.

She could almost, if she forgot the typical decor of the world without magic present here, believe that she was back in the Enchanted Forest.

"I am sorry for this too, Drizella said with a contrite air on her face, as if she was finally realizing what were the consequences of her dark curse of the one who had to face it.

- You know, I don't want to excuse you, but I did worst. And you, at least, you're going to fix it.

- Will it be enough ?"

A new time, Regina took Drizella's hand in hers, and she smiled to her.

"Yes. I am sure it will. Now, sit down here."

After Drizella drank her glass, Margot couldn't help but looking at Roni in a strange way.

After some seconds, the barmaid raised an eyebrow.

"What ?

- Aren't you the one who always told me not to offer a drink to a girl that I liked ?"

Regina was immediately taken by a sudden blush, and, in order to let this awkward moment disappear, she told her niece :

"Well, if you want, you can invite Tilly, or offer her a drink.

- What ? No, no, I don't know what you're talking about, the young woman said, as she was also taken by a sudden and unexplainable – or not – blush."

Regina just laughed.