Mozaim's Revelation

Chapter 6

It was a cold and breezy morning there was a very young boy standing on the sea shore wearing a black suit, quite typical to the ones they wear at a funeral but he couldn’t remember whose funeral it was.

Judging by the time it could have been somewhere around afternoon. The boy was very sad, staring into the distant horizon to vent his loneliness, after a few moments of solitude , he felt a person walk upto him and in a very comforting motion kept his hand over his shoulder.

“ I really miss him. Cant we get him back?” asked the boy.

“ Don’t worry Fazil he will always be watching us from up there. Whatever Allah does he does for our benefit. He knows best.”  replied the elder person, clearly he noticed was his brother.

“Brother, I promise to stay by your side always, and will never trouble you.”  Sorrow now deepening his voice.

“ oh no!! now if you don’t trouble me then how will I have company.” The elder brother said after kneeling and giving him a tight hug.

The two of them now turned and started walking back towards the road, a limousine parked to take them to their new home.

The two were none other than Fazil and his brother Fazal. It was the day of their Dad's funeral.

Autopsy report had confirmed that his dad had been poisoned by some rare poison and despite the best efforts of the police, the killer was still at large.

The two were orphaned, only each other's support to keep them company. Their mom mysteriously disappeared when they were very young, their dad had no answer though they always felt he had always known that this day was coming.

 They walked to the road, slowly trotting towards the black limo that awaited them to take them to their new house. They had lost both their parents, so social services had given them a new home, a rich family had adopted them.

While they were walking to the shore a group of thugs approached them from the side. They were just two or three in number. Fazal swung his arm punching one thug on the face, another he kicked in the stomach and to the third he elbowed him on the neck. So the three before even removing a knife got their share of money they wanted. Fazil was purely scared by the fight and kneeled down shivering and involuntarily twitching his legs. After the thugs ran away, Fazal walked upto Fazil and extended his arms in a gesture calling him.

“ Don’t worry brother, I am there you don’t need to worry.” And they both walked to the car.

But on the way Fazil stopped to see his brother walking slower then regular. He saw his face was reddening, black veins sprouting up through his neck like there was some sickness and in a matter of few seconds his mouth opened and unleashed a swarm of some insects he couldn't recognise.

Just as his mouth opened, Fazil got up in a jolt of  shock, to catch and burn some insects. But saw in front of him to be empty air, he was sitting on his bed. Back in the room he was appointed to, in the barracks. It was early in the morning, the sun was just peeping out into the sky. The room was still dark but the nightmare had washed away all his sleep. He was wide awake now and couldn't find the reason why the dreams always kept on repeating. He has had it almost in quick succession since the time his brother disappeared and recently they had started getting worse.

 He got up and went to wash his face and to pray to god seeking advice from him.

It was six in the morning when someone came knocking on Kylie’s bedroom door. She opened the door to see the tall and handsome Fazil standing there to tell her it was time for training. He was about six feet, had black silky hair just in the appropriate amount to keep it in the margin of enough hair. He had a well developed body, impressive stamina could run three miles without breaking into a sweat, his green eyes  and  a thin nose.

But while she thought he had already walked down the corridor to awaken the other members in their rooms. They were all given proper and spacious lodges. Enough to fit in a bed, a study table, a private toilet, a cupboard and a few other necessities. She closed the door to change into her training dress.

Soon after the morning call, the team assembled to go for a morning jog along the beach. They jogged for two miles and took some time for rest. Fazil saw that all of them performed exceptionally well except for Mark who was a bit out of shape. In the time they had taken off Fazil and the team cracked a few jokes to lighten up their mood. He also took some time to get to know each other. They then got up and continued their morning exercise routine.  Within a few hours they reached the base and begun their day’s training.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Commander Dael Murkas sat in his office staring at some important documents on his computer placed on his wooden desk when the door flung open, in stepped the commander's leading analyst. Mozaim Karzein.

" What is it Mozaim?" asked the commander.

" Sir, I have just tapped into a resistance network, the following data is what I have decoded." replied Mozaim.

" Are you sure about this?"

" I knew you would ask that question, so I have additional information, I believe you will be pleased to see."

" Very well then. Keep looking on what you can decrypt more from the network." saying this the commander waved him off, dismissing him.

Mozaim left the room in silence, expecting a pat on the back but got nothing. The general was always known to be cold hearted and especially after the death of Abu Fazal on Zymen he has totally withdrawn from human emotions.

It was believed that the two brothers Fazil and Fazal were like sons to him, his pride and joy but now only God knew what was actually going on in his mind.

The Alpine Empire functioned unlike the regular political hierarchy in the confederation. The higher echelon of the Alpine Empire comprised of the Elite classes of the races. Three humans and eight alien races.

The eight alien races were from different clans. One of these clans was the Zine clan. Habitants of Zoran, the largest of the Alpine planets.

The news Mozaim had shown the general was that the resistance network had details of a forward operating base, the resistance was setting up on a moon of Zoran, Zortan one of it's eight moons.

Even more intriguing about the news was that the satellite images showed that Karl Zine one of the highest ranking clan members had taken up the task to build the base himself.

Dael saw this as a chance to tap into intel on the eclipse cannon and the mysterious designer of it - General LINX.

There were no official files on him, no images the spies could collect, nothing at all! A true ghost who has unknown origins and people who do know about him would rater die than speak,