Inferno

Chapter 17

Fazil looked down upon the pit that had been dug up by the fall Lucifer had taken.

 The pit was about two feet deep and at its base lay Lucifer practically numb. The suit he was wearing was still intact except for his upper torso that was torn and revealed his skin or more like some black skin hugging clothing that had some tribal print.

Fazil couldn't figure out what the clothing was but didn't care of much  for they had to evacuate the area as soon as possible. The alpine reinforcements  would be coming now to find out what was going on .

Lucifer was barely conscious, his arms moving faintly.

He held Lucifer's collar and lifted him to his face. He broke the helmet glass open and looked the demon into his eye.  He wore a white mask beneath the dark glass tinted helmet and all he could see was his black eye. His iris had changed into milk white while his pupil and rest of the eye had turned jet black.

A sense of desperation sparkled in the dark soul of his.

" Tell me! Where is the convoy containing element X going to?"  asked Fazil shouting at Lucifer to his face.

"Morior Invictus!" said Lucifer spitting blood onto Fazil's face.

Fazil knew it was hopeless asking him anything, so he dropped him back into the pit.

 He took a grenade from a weapons stash and dropped it into the pit and walked away hoping it would take care of Lucifer, met the other team members and carried on his way.

A few steps away from the crater he noticed  that there was no explosion it was like someone had consumed the power of the grenade. Fazil turned back to see Lucifer back on his feet doused in a feet high reddish yellow glowing flames.

"Did you really think killing me was going to be so easy, Fazil?" Shouted Lucifer in a loud audible tone that struck Fazil a great shock.

" How does this person know my name?" was the first thought that ran through Fazil's mind but in the succeeding moments the question faded away as situations grew clearer.

Lucifer lit up his flames to greater temperatures which Ismail confirmed by his thermal vision to be about 3000 degrees, enough to fry anything that is at least a feet near him. The fire then cooled down revealing the person back in his human form with the skin hugging dark cloth covering his entire body upto his chin.

His face was covered by a white mask with a few inscription on the forehead. His hair was a regular dirty blonde that was left uncovered.

The man picked up his mask and placed it above his head revealing his face. With blood red eyes, a battered upper lip and a face that showed all that a brutally tortured war hero could have suffered.

But Fazil knew who this person was. He knew him as a friend who he thought was lost forever.

" Cole? Cole Williams is that you? My god, I thought you were dead. I searched every square inch of the planet for you. Where have you been ? We have all been so worried!" said Fazil in a voice of worry, seeing the newly bred demon who he once knew.

" Do not lie to me, you treacherous weasel. There was no help that ever came for me. If you really cared for me, tell me then, where were you when I suffering through my nights of pure agony? Where were you when I screamed in pain and the only person who could hear it , was ME? Where were you when I wanted a hand to pull me out of this demon? I gave into this demon because I knew the more I fought the more pain I suffered and now its all gone. I have never felt so much power ever before." exclaimed Cole.