Operation Black Sun

Chapter 13

Fazil woke up due to the shaking of the ship. He observed his surroundings. It was not quite a surrounding but enough to move his head, he found that he was inside of what looked like a capsule, his body was suited up with the suit and as far he recalled it could probably be because he was about to be deployed on the mission.

The Capsule was lighted with red illuminiscent light, the capsule was compact towards his feet hardly giving any space between his belly and the surface but towards his upper torso there was more space. What Fazil could see was that there was a screen in front of him and few buttons that glowed with green colour displaying various things of necessity such as Oxygen level, Nitrogen level, outside Temperature etc.

His thoughts were interrupted when the TV sprang to life and displayed the face of a man he had recently seen, the same man he and the other team members hated the most in the world. Not that they didn’t like taking orders from a superior but they just thought Dael Murkas to be a better commander and also this man was incapable to lead their team because he served twenty years in the military but didn’t even reach the rank of lieutenant. Such a shame.

“ Greetings team! You are onboard the CSC Antelope supercarrier that has just entered the outer atmosphere of Zymen. In a few minutes your capsules will be dropped into freefall, I know you all preferred chutes but this will be much more subtle and stealthy . Now, be careful out there, if something goes haywire we cannot send in the cavalry, this mission already puts the peace treaty in jeopardy. Only airstrikes can be called in but not frequent, the air is thin down there so my advice, try breathing normally. Good luck, god bless and godspeed.” Said Peter Max, their temporary team captain.

And then the screen went blank.

The CSC antelope was in the orbit of the planet Zymen, they had orders to park the super carrier at a safe distance away from the planet to avoid detection. They stopped the engines a few million

kilometres away from the planet which they believed was far enough to remain stealthy. The SNS showed no disturbance in the surroundings, only a few celestial meteors moving around a few hundred kilometres from their position. So far the screen showed nothing, the commander gave them a green light.

From the X-shaped super carrier , the C-46 emerged from the left top section of the ship, the majestic CSC vessel went into cloak to avoid visual recognition.

The C-46 was in function designed to be a bomber or troop deployer. It's design consisted of four booster engines, two below the wings and two near the posterior almost sharp tipped end. There were two anti air flak cannons near the antennas at the top and two launching pads at the lower side. The pilots cockpit was  at the front in the crystal chamber made of a special element that could bear about twelve thousand degrees of heat thus giving the pilots 180 degrees view of their surroundings, even while the plane was caught up in the atmosphere of a planet and was in a fast descent.

Now the C-46 zoomed into warp-drive in order to reach the planet as fast it could.  After a few moments on it's afterburners it reached the outer atmosphere of the planet. The air was thin and no disturbances were detected but they didn’t launch yet.

" Watchtower, this is guardian angel. We are parked at 30,000,000 feet above land. Awaiting orders to deploy Spartans."

" This is Watchtower, stealth measures are recommended. Enemy Patrol jets have been detected a few thousand miles  west of your location and closing fast. Wait until they have passed."