Ghosts From The Past

Chapter 11      

Fazil sat in his assigned room in the Spartan Core quarters, the portable hologram glowing with Casey's face. He sat there with his head in his hands, looking at the flat and plain structure of the table in deep thoughts.

Meanwhile with the help of an infrared analyser, Casey was searching through the database to find out who possessed the knife before it had pierced Mark's back.

The wide database would take her hours to go through and verify the assassin's identity and there was nothing Fazil could do to fasten the process.

Casey was a high end AI, that had been gifted to him by commander Dael. It ran on an Ignorinite crystal processor. Ignorion crystals found on the moon of Clomanoff - Ignor, home to the race of Ignoruns are the galaxy's most precious and hardest diamonds with reflective capacity much greater than diamonds. Due to it's high reflective and light capturing capabilities it was found to be very effective in storing high amounts of holographic data. Data suggests crystal the size of a human nail could store a few exabytes of data. Enough to make these really high configurations AI extremely handy.

Fazil was tired of the amount of time it was taking Casey to run the prints left on the knife, he minimised the task of scanning the database and opened another task. He wanted to know what was the knife made of, any hints he could find by the metal it was made of.

Casey scanned the knife, searching the composition of it's structure, the metals, alloys it was made of. The semicircular arc of the analyser beaming red light on the knife multiple times in circular motion via movable scanners. The knife was held in levitation with the help of magnetic field running across the diameter of the semicircular analyser.

" The steel is Ottoclavian in nature." Said Casey in her sweet yet  enhanced robotic voice.

Fazil felt his room door open and someone tiptoe slowly towards him. Thinking he wouldn't notice. But such stealth acts are something he is an expert in. With full knowledge of the person, Fazil chose to ease his senses.

In a few steps, he saw the visitor come up behind him and hugged him tightly, from behind. Just as he thought it was Kylie. She planted a soft peck on his right cheek and peeked into his work.

" How's Mark now?" asked Fazil

" He's better now, the effect of the poison tipped knife is slowly fading. The best doctors are treating him. By the way what are you doing, besides missing me?" asked Kylie in a flirty tone.

Fazil tilted his neck to look Kylie in the eye and gave her a little smile. He then turned back to the hologram.

" The assassin left some prints on the knife, Casey is running them through. She is taking immense pressure trying to run the prints." said Fazil

" She doesn't look as hot as me though, poor you. You could have used my face instead of this Casey. I would keep your life much simpler." Said Kylie winking at him.

She in a slightly seated posture took the support of the table Fazil was seated at.

" Now , will you ever stop cribbing about the ladies around me?" Asked Fazil looking her in the eye and grinning.

" See, now that's a grin i like." saying this she lay on the bed to the left of his table.

The room was a standard military accommodation with one table and a bed beside it. A lamp on the table. A cupboard to the right of the table. A window on the wall attached to the cupboard, that let the room glow during the day and was vital for ventilation.

Fazil now turned back to Casey continuing his investigation into the weapon.

" Specify Ottoclavian steel." Fazil asked the AI Casey.