Chapter 7 ~ Awake (Namjin)

Namjoons POV:
Then the doctor comes in. I take a deep breath and prepare for the news. "Kim Seokjins family?" I stand up. I wait expectantly for her to speak. She looks up from her clipboard with an unreadable expression. "Mr Kim..."
"Mr Kim is currently in surgery, there is a small chance of him losing his arm but we expect that it won't come to that, you'll be able to see him in half an hour, once surgery is over."
I realise I've been holding my breath and sigh in relief. He's not going to die. He's still here. He should be fine. I repeat in my head.

A small smile works it's way onto my face. If there's a god out there thank you, thank you so fucking much. I don't want to imagine life for even a second without Jin. I wonder if I could have survived without him but I don't want to go down that dark path so instead I focus on the two people standing in front of me still.

I pull Tae onto my lap and wipe the tear off of his cheek. He's smiling as tears roll down his cheeks. Yoongi has gone over to Hoseok and is sitting in his lap with his head buried in Hobi's chest. We spend the next half an hour in silence, a nervous energy surging through each of us, there is till the chance that.... no I don't want to think about it. It feels like it must have been an hour and i'm worrying again, my nails are ruined from me biting them.

The doctor finally comes back to say that the surgery was successful and we could now go to see him. Tae immediately jumps up off of my lap and pulls me up, he keep hold of my hand and my free hand is grasped by Yoongi. The six of us walk to his room, I'm shaking slightly and the two holding my hands give me reassuring squeezes as we stop outside room 127.

Yoongi pushes open the door and there he is. Looking (worldwide) handsome despite the wires coming out of him. He gives us a huge smile as we walk in. Three people sit either side of his bed. We talk for a while about nothing of great importance until Jin says that he's hungry. Immediately the other five leap up and are halfway out of the door before Tae pops his head back in ''Oh- uh what do you want from the café?'' he asks with a sheepish smile on his face. ''If they have it naengmyeon and get us some chicken as well.''

Tae nods and rushes off to chase after the others. Jin laughs and I smile, my cheeks straining from the effort of smiling. I just look at him for a moment and I just burst into tears. I was so scared of losing him. He pulls me onto the bed and I don't have the strength or will power to stop him. I keep crying and he holds both of my hands, his head on my shoulder. I stop crying and I raise my head to see Jin on the verge of stepping into dreamland.

I stroke his hair as he falls asleep. I kiss him gently o the forehead, light enough so that he doesn't wake up but so that I can feel that he's with me, still here and breathing.

Jins POV (in the dream but the dream is a memory and is being told in present tense)

I roll over on the bed to look to my other side. The warmth I felt as I went to sleep is gone. I frown, wondering where he went. I decide to go look for him, I don't need any more beauty sleep and you can see that if you look at my handsome face.

I get out of bed and pull the covers back up, making the bed quickly. I walk downstairs, assuming he'll be down there. I stop in the kitchen. the light shines from under the door and I'm blinded for a second when I pull open the door. I step inside, Namjoon looks up in surprise. On the table in front of him is a nearly empty cup of coffee. ''What are you doing up?'' he asks me. ''I could ask you the same thing'' ''I couldn't sleep, and I knew there was no point trying'' he says gesturing to the mug in front of him.

''Why are you awake though?'' ''I couldn't sleep either'' of course I don't tell him why, can't go all sappy now can I? He looks up suddenly with a mischievous grin on his face. ''Do you want to go out?'' I narrow my eyes but nod anyways. ''Okay, go put on something comfortable but warmer than that, he gestures to my pyjamas and I suddenly realise that he's wearing a tracksuit. I wonder how long he's been awake if he's got changed, made coffee and managed to not wake me up- meaning he must have done it carefully so he didn't smash anything.