One

Physics

Physics... the most dreadful subject of em all! Getting through few sums without having your head totally fucked up, was undoubtedly impossible.... for me, at least.

Leah says it's pretty simple... physics, I mean. She says it's 'practical'. But for me, doodling on the margin of my book is million times better. I simply cannot comprehend the fact that the sun would be as hot, if it were made out of bananas! Honestly... I don't and I never will... In my opinion, physics is something that came into existence with the sole purpose of torturing 19 year olds.

But then again, come to think of it. 19 years olds wouldn't exist if it weren't for things like thrust and force, which we do also learn in physics...
But that's natural instinct of animals! We don't have to be taught how to thrust and-

"OI WINSLOW!"

I raised my head and looked around, noticing that all the other students in my class were on their feet. I turned my head towards the teacher's desk and met a familiar pair of piercing, grey eyes that looked right into my soul. It wasn't my favorite thing to see, early in the morning of a dreadful Monday.

He had his arms crossed before his chest, which made it very clear that he was ticked off. Setting my pen aside, I gulped.

This Monday morning is shaping up to be the absolute best! Man, how excited I am!

"Are you one of my students?" He stepped towards me, successfully setting a gloomy atmosphere.

I shot right up straight. "Yes, Mr. Decarlo,"

"In this very class?" He asked, obviously sarcastically.

"Yes, Mr. Decarlo," I said, fidgeting.

Rolling up his sleeve, he glanced at his silver watch. "Isn't it time for your physics class now?" He asked in a dangerously kind tone.

"Yes, Mr. Decarlo. It is," I managed to say without stuttering.

"Ah... so you are aware of it?" He raised his eyebrows, looking at me.

"Yes, Mr. Decarlo," I whimpered.

"Who am I?" He asked, suddenly.

"Pardon?" I looked up, attempting to make an innocent face that would hopefully lessen his wrath.

"I said, 'who am I?'" He raised his chin.

"You... um.. you... you're Mr. Antonio Decarlo!" I smiled.

"Exactly... and I am your...?"

"My... ugh... physics teacher!" I exclaimed, smiling nervously.

"Right... so, tell me Winslow... when a student, sees his... or her teacher walk into the class, what does he... or she, do?" He asked, venomously while walking from left to right.

"You... ugh... stand up... and greet him!" I said, my lips tugging to form a timid smile.

"That is correct... so, Miss Winslow..." He said and turned around sharply, to face me. "What did you do when your lecturer walked in?"