Twelve

"Hey! I'm at the airport now

"Hey! I'm at the airport now. Will be boarding the plane in about 10 minutes. I can't wait to see you!"

I received Madelyn's text at about 9.40 p.m.

Honestly, I'm so fucking excited right now! I'm finally meeting her again after two whole years...

I cleaned my room since Madelyn will be staying with me until we move out tomorrow. There wasn't much to clean since most of my stuff were packed in bags.

••••

"Ayy! Let's make a move, peaches! You're gonna be late for the grand arrival," Adrian was being the impatient idiot he is.

"Okay, just lemme grab my jacket,"

"Hurry up! Hurry up! Hurry upppp!!!" He yelled and then grinned.

"Shut up! I'm coming!" I laughed at him.

Adrian was driving me to the airport since mom and dad had a party to attend.

"You're done packing?"

"Been done with it ages ago," he replied as he unlocked his car.

"Wow!" I exclaimed as I got into the passenger's seat. "But you just got home like an hour ago,"

"I don't run around the house looking for hair brushes and Mickey Mouse bras," he smirked as the engine roared to life.

"Shut up!" I started laughing uncontrollably. "I hate you!" I said as I punched his arm.

"Oi! I drive you to the airport and this is what I get in return!?" He said as the vehicle pulled out of the driveway.

"I love you!" I screamed, before he could say anything else.

"That's a good girl..."

••••

Madelyn's parents had already arrived at the airport. They weren't very close with my parents even though Madelyn and I were birds of a feather.

"Hello, dear!"

"Hi!" I smiled. "10 minutes more, right?"

"Yes," Mrs. Gastrell replied.

"I can see the excitement on your face!" Madelyn's dad smiled.

"I am VERY excited, to be honest," I laughed.

"I see you've gotten yourself a boyfriend," Mrs. Gastrell whispered, wiggling her eyebrows.

Oh my god. I held my laughter in.

She sighed. "Madelyn's been too busy... she told me that she didn't have time to date anyone during her stay in Canada,"

"You don't have to worry about that now," I smiled. "Madelyn's gonna date someone like Adrian very soon,"