Fifteen

3

3.55 p.m

There was no sign of a soul around. The building was extremely quiet; so quiet that I could make out the ticking of Mr. Decarlo's watch.

I was seated on a bench by the pool and he was leaning onto a wall nearby. He had his arms crossed over his chest and one foot on the wall behind him. He was clearly deep in thought.

Right now, neither of us had a plan for busting ourselves out. But well, one of us has got to come up with something! I'd rather die than be trapped in here with this unpleasant soul.

"Mr. Decarlo," I broke the dead silence.

He turned his head to face me. Raising his eyebrows, he shot a questioning look at me without a single word.

"How exactly did you find me here?"

"Is that important right now?" He rubbed his temples and clearly trying to make me stay quiet.

"Yes," I replied, unaffected by his negative aura.

"Well, it's a good thing that you haven't hidden the contents of your notifications on your lock screen," he said, and closed his eyes as if he was going into deep thought once again.

Wait what the hell!? He looked through my phone?

"Sir, it would've been nice if you had not invaded my privacy," I muttered, loud enough for it to be heard.

"Stop bluffing about that and be glad that you're not stuck inside a five storey building all alone,"

Rude...

"It's not like you, to come here knowing that you and I are gonna be locked in," I pointed out.

Mr. Decarlo let out a deep breath. I was expecting a word from him, but there was nothing more than silence.

"You know, sir," I said, as I stared at the clear, still water. "You could've just given it to me tomorrow or later today. I appreciate that-,"

"Winslow," he stood up straight and started walking towards me.

Oh my god he's gonna kill me! What do I do!? What do I do!???

My heart began to race. I could feel beads of sweat forming on the bridge of my nose. The room darkened as if the sun was suddenly enshrouded by hundreds of clouds.

With his every step, my body became more and more tense.

How could a person be so intimidating!? He could kill with words.

As he approached me, I sat up straight. I gulped and looked up at him.

"Look at me, Winslow," He knelt before me, as my eyes followed his, that were now comfortably at my eye level.