Three

"Mom! I'm home!"

"Mom! I'm home!"

"Hi, honey!" She appeared from the living room. "How was college?" She questioned, eager to know how I spent the day.

"It was terrific!" I said, not wanting to mention my horrid experiences in Professor Decarlo's lair.

"Aw that's great, dear," She said, pleased.

"Mom, I'm meeting up with Leah at 5," I said, placing my bag on the counter. "We've got some stuff to complete,"

"Okay, dear," Mom said.

"Where's Adrian?"

"He's upstairs. Got home couple'a minutes ago,"

Adrian had returned home after selling his apartment few days back. He was changing work stations, so the place he owned wasn't convenient anymore.

Since I needed to move out as well, he was staying at home with us until we found a convenient place with two apartments.

I raced upstairs in search for my 25 year old brother. I knocked on the door of his room, expecting to hear a loud 'WHAT!?, but instead he muttered, "The door's open,"

I turned the door knob and stepped in. There, I saw him, sprawled on his bed, with his earphones plugged in.

"The Meg is out!" I said, with a huge grin plastered on my face.

"I can't hear you," he said, not making the slightest effort to remove his earphones.

I ran upto him and pulled one of them out. "The Meg is out!!!"

"WHA!?" He sat up straight, almost immediately. "We're going tomorrow," he said.

"Hell Yes!" I cheered.

* * *

"Dammmit what is this fuckery?" I cursed as I bit the tip of my pencil.

"Chill, bro. It ain't that hard," Leah said, pulling my book towards her. "You just gotta substitute that thing over there and simplify it,"

"Huh? That's 4736.897 divided by 83628!"

"You've gotta do it, hon," She said, shrugging. "That is, if you don't wanna suffer Mr. Decarlo's wrath,"

I shrugged and grabbed my phone, sighing.

"Hey, you think Abby's seriously hitting on him?" I asked Leah, who was taking a sip of her latte.

Setting it aside, she asked, "Hitting on who, now?"

That's our Leah, clueless as ever.