Eleven

"You punks better get the assignments completed by tomorrow,"

Mr. Decarlo's vague threats always seemed to get to the students.
With that, he walked out the door without a second glance at the class.

"Dude, I'm gonna do it now, okay?"

"Yeah okay," Leah muttered, casually. "I don't really have a say in this, so..."

"Don't say that!" I whined. "I'm not even sure if I should full on attack her with all the information I have. What if Antonio tricked me? Like seriously, being the asshole he is, he wouldn't hesitate to do something like that!"

"Dude, you know that shit's real," Leah said, confidently. "If Madelyn was here, she'd tell you to rip Abigail's eyes out,"

I stared at Leah in horror.

"Okay, maybe I was exaggerating," She chuckled nervously. "But you get the point,"

"Yeah,"

Abigail stood up, and was about to leave the lecture room.

I ran upto her just in time. "Hey, Abigail," I said, with a straight face.

"Oh, hey, Aeliana!" She seemed so casual. Amazing, that unwavering wanna be cute look on her face... I won't even mention the batting eyelash shit...

"Why'd you get late today?" I played along.

"Oh, I ugh.." she rubbed her neck. "... I slept in... by accident,"

"Oh, I was waiting for you near the intersection," I lied.

"Oh, is that so?" She said, sounding apologetic. "You shouldn't have," She whined. "Why though?"

"Um... what?"

I wait for her at the intersection almost every morning.

"What do you mean 'why'?" I said in confusion. "Isn't that something done on a daily basis?"

"Oh, yeah! It is!" She giggled. "I was just curious,"

"You know, I'll be moving into an apartment close to college, soon. So, these might be the last few days that we get to walk to the subway and stuff,"

"Oh, I see," she replied.

"Oh, by the way," I smiled. "I've got something to give you,"

"Oh," she exclaimed, as her face darkened.

"Yeah," i nodded. "To be precise, it's a lot of things,"

"Uh huh," she nodded nervously.

"C'mon, I'll give them to you," I said, as I pulled her by the hand and dragged her towards my locker in the hallway.

She looked kinda nervous. I had a feeling that she knew what was coming.

I opened my locker and took all of the letters in my hand.