Thirteen

"How 'bout that place?" I pointed at the elegant restaurant with gold lighting

"It's so pretty," Madelyn exclaimed.

"Too fancy," Adrian glanced at me.

"Perfect," I grinned and dragged Adrian and Madelyn towards the entrance.

"My wallet's having palpitations!"

"C'mon Adriannnn!" I whined making puppy eyes. "We have to celebrate this! I'll take you to watch Captain Marvel,"

"That's a promise," he raised his eyebrows.

"Yes," I smiled.

****

We sat at a small round table fit for three.

"Good evening," I heard a deep voice. "Welcome to The Sizzling Griddle! I'm Eric, your waiter for the evening. How can I help you?"

"Good evening, Eric. We'd like to see the menu card before ordering," Adrian responded.

"Yes, sir,"

"Hey," Madelyn nudged me. "He's cute,"

"Who?" I looked up from my phone.

"Pay attention, you idiot!" Madelyn whispered. "The waiter! He's gorgeous!"

"Wtf!" I started laughing.

"Dude, I'm serious!" She said. "You're laughing but you didn't even see his face!"

"Okay okay," I said. "Let me take a look first,"

"Here you go, sir,"

Upon hearing that, tilted my head upwards to feast my eyes on this supposedly gorgeous face.

Oh my god. She was right.

The first thing that caught my eyes were his smoky grey ones. His hair was combed onto a side and his earrings only made him look even more daring.

His eyes moved onto Madelyn and formed into crescents as he smiled at her, sweetly.

Wait a minute!

Why does he look so familiar?

While Adrian was discussing with the waiter about what to order, I leaned towards Madelyn. "What's his name?"

"Eric," Madelyn said, dreamily.

"Eric? Eric Colón?" I looked up at the guy.

His eyes widened as he looked at me. "Oh!" He chuckled. "Aeliana Winslow, right?"

"Hi!" I replied. "You work here?"

"Yeah, part time,"

"Oh! Cool! We just moved into an apartment close by and we wanted to try out the places,"