Chapter 2

Thor arrived in the parking lot outside the Navy Yard building. He was a big, buff guy with long blonde hair and a hammer in one hand, the same man Loki had been fighting at one point in the video. His other hand was on the shoulder of the notorious Loki.

Loki looked smaller than Thor, both in height and build, with shoulder-length black hair that curled up at the edges and greenish-blue eyes, but Gibbs realized he was actually pretty tall. He just appeared small because his brother was bigger than he was.

His skin was pale, and his face thin, with angular features. He wore a black tunic with a black and green jacket over it. His hands were shackled before him, and he wore a muzzle. Gibbs wrinkled his brow, wondering how this guy managed to almost take over New York. Then he inwardly smiled. One of his favorite lessons to teach his team was never to judge a book by its cover. The fact that Loki could have gotten as far as he did said a lot about his character, more than the file Fury had given him.

"Are you the one known as Jethro Gibbs?" Thor asked gravely.

Gibbs nodded. "I am. Are you Thor?"

Thor nodded and pulled a paper from his belt. "You need to sign here to prove that you have taken custody of Loki."

Gibbs signed the paper, noting the terms. NCIS has full custody over Loki; he is required to stay with me; we are allowed to punish him as we see fit for any acting out. He gave it back to Thor.

"I will leave the shackles and muzzle with you, along with the key to open them," Thor said, handing him a bag. "Here are his possessions. I thank you for doing Asgard this service, Agent Gibbs." He glanced at his brother in sorrow, then turned back to Gibbs and lowered his voice. "And please, bring me back the brother I lost."

And with that, Thor spun his hammer, leapt into the air, and was gone.

Gibbs turned to Loki, who was standing there calmly, eyes impassive. "Come with me," he said, taking the god's arm and leading him into the NCIS building. The god followed aloofly, looking bored.

He marched Loki into the squad room where his team worked. Tony was still sleeping in his chair. Gibbs pushed Loki into McGhee's chair and removed his muzzle, tossing it over to his own desk.

"You forgot my hands," Loki said, a slight accent permeating his voice.

Gibbs just looked at him. "Listen up, Loki. I'm your new boss, Special Agent Gibbs. You are now officially a part of my team, and you will behave in a way that befits an NCIS Special Agent. Understood?"

Loki grinned slightly. "I'm not making any promises."

Gibbs leaned over the desk and stared at Loki. Loki held his gaze calmly before laughing. "Are you trying to intimidate me, Agent Gibbs?"

The corner of Gibbs' mouth quirked. "You dropped your eyes, kid."

Loki glared at Gibbs, and now he could see the edge that was hidden under the silky smoothness of his façade.

At just this moment, Tony woke up. He sat up, stretching and yawning, and then noticed Gibbs leaning over the desk adjacent to his. "Morning, Boss. Did I miss anything?"

Then he noticed Loki.

Tony stared, rubbed his eyes, and stared some more. "McGhee?" he sputtered. "You got a makeover."

"I'm not McGhee, idiot," Loki retorted.

Tony stood, crossing his arms as he examined Loki. "Ah, is this the suspect we got that clue to last night?" he asked. "You could have woken me to help you catch him, Boss, I would have helped."