Chapter 17

Loki woke to a circle of faces ranging from bored to semi-concerned to outright worried. He was lying on an autopsy table, with the entire NCIS team around. For a moment, he almost felt...happy. They were all here to ensure he was okay instead of working on their case. He finally understood how Thor felt most of the time – needed, wanted...cared for and about.

Tony burst his bubble. "Finally!" he said, wheeling around in an exaggerated motion. "He's awake, he's alive.... Can I go now?"

Abby shot Tony a glare and then turned her attention to Loki. "What happened?"

Loki slowly pushed himself into a sitting position. Ducky, Jimmy, Gibbs, Abby, Bishop, McGhee, Thor, and yes, even Tony, watched as he sat up, although once again, the expressions of the agents fell into a wide range of categories.

"I had a headache," Loki mumbled.

McGhee shook his head. "Man, when you Asgardians have headaches, you really go all out, don't you?"

Loki glared at him. "It's not a normal Asgardian headache, McGhee."

Ducky pursed his lips. "Laufeyson's correct, Agent McGhee. Whatever is happening inside your head, Loki, it is serious. I recommend you see a doctor immediately."

"I think I need to bring my brother to Asgard," Thor announced. "The healers there will know what it wrong with him."

Loki was already shaking his head. "No, Thor. I'm not going back there. I'm fine now. See?" He impulsively hopped off the autopsy table and immediately regretted it. His eyesight swam and he dropped into a crouch in order to avoid sprawling across the floor.

"You define 'fine' in a funny way, probie," Tony declared.

Loki glowered as Abby knelt down beside him. "This is hinky, Loki. Listen to your brother! He might be right for once!"

"Yes...wait, what?" Thor demanded. "Hey! I protest that statement!"

"Okay," Bishop interrupted. "Thor and Loki return to Asgard...and we return to the case. Everyone's happy."

"Except me!" Loki exclaimed. "You think I want to return to Asgard? They'll just toss me back into prison!"

"Brother, they won't," Thor consoled. "Father will have you looked at."

"And put back in prison," Loki insisted. "That's where he put me in the first place. Anyway, Thor, I'm not allowed back to Asgard until I reform, so I guess we're not going there." He smiled at his final point and then gasped and laid a hand to his head.

Thor raised his eyebrow and then turned to Ducky. "Avengers Tower. Stark will find somebody that can cure this."

"Stark!" Loki managed to scoff. "No, Thor. Not any of your friends can or would be willing to help me." He shrugged and rose to a standing position slowly, reaching out to balance himself against the edge of the autopsy table. Abby looked ready to grab him if he fell again.

"I like Option 2," McGhee commented.

Loki looked at him menacingly. "I despise Option 2."

"Oh, and I'm sure he's got a lot of choice words for you, too, Loki," McGhee retorted.

Gibbs decided it was time to step into the discussion. "Look, Laufeyson, that's the third time you've had this headache, and the second time it's knocked you out. You need medical attention to tell us why this is happening. And because you're Asgardian, it has to be either Asgard or Avengers. Take your pick."

Loki gritted his teeth angrily but didn't say anything. Gibbs turned to Thor. "Asgard it is, then. Take us there."

"'Us?'" Thor repeated. "Who comprises this 'us?'"

"You, Loki, DiNozzo, Bishop, and me," Gibbs clarified. "This way, Laufeyson, we'll make sure your father sends you back."

Bishop looked shocked. "Why do we want him back?"

This question, although it caught everyone else, including Loki and Thor, off guard, didn't seem to faze Gibbs. He just smiled. "Well, for starters, he has a connection to our current case. And he saved your life, Bishop. Yours and Tony's. He's part of the team."

"Thank you, Agent Gibbs," Loki said. "I appreciate this."

Gibbs turned back to Loki. "Remember what being a part of this team means, Laufeyson. You are –"

"To act in a manner befitting an NCIS Special Agent," Loki finished. "I remember, Agent Gibbs. And I will continue to remember."

Gibbs looked at Bishop and Tony. "Grab your gear. We're going to Asgard."

/***/

NCIS heads to Asgard! What do you think of this plot development?

Thanks for reading this crossover. I really appreciate it, and any comments and votes I'll be happy to see! 

Skylar Wittenborn