TWO

"you ain't tell me all these niggas was coming too"

stokeley

it was the night before the trip, and i was all set and ready to go. something in my gut told me that this trip would be one to remember, and that i was going to have either the worst or the best time of my life.

i was hoping for the best, but anything could happen, and with my luck, i wouldn't rule out the possibility of things becoming a complete and total disaster.

let me stop and bE pOsiTiVe as jahseh so frequently liked to encourage me to be. i had a tendency to be pessimistic and nervous about things before i even gave it a chance, and that was one of my biggest issues. i sort of admired jahseh's ability to think positively no matter what. he was amazing.

so yeah, this trip was about to be great. the guys and i were going to have lots of fun, and i would get to take a lot of pictures for my instagram story.

i was in the kitchen, making myself a quick sandwich before i returned back to my room to watch conspiracy theory videos. that, and creepypasta videos was one of my guilty pleasures thanks to jahseh's crazy ass. he sits up and watches shit like that all day. i'll be sitting minding my business and he'd send me a link to a video titled "proof bush did 9/11".

i took out the miracle whip, scraping a dull butter knife in the jar before taking the gooey white substance and spreading it all over my slices of bread, before squirting italian dressing onto the bread. after i put the dressing and the mayo away, i reached for the lunchmeat.

right when i took the turkey out of the mini fridge and began to layer the thinly cut slices onto my sandwich, i heard a knock on my door.

i sighed before walking out of the kitchen area and into the living room. i hated when niggas interrupted me when i was eating or preparing to eat. it was my number one pet peeve honestly. you can interrupt me during any other time, but don't fuck with me while i'm eating. 

i twisted the doorknob open, thinking this better not be omar's dumb ass leaving his keys in the dorm for the 50th time. if it was, he was just going to have to go to gazzy's dorm or something.

it wasn't him, but it was his equally dumb counterpart. "gazzy? what are you doing here so late?"

"hey, uh, wassup stoke," he mumbled. "is omar here?"

of course. of fucking course.

"nah, he ain't here," i answered truthfully. "he went to the store a few minutes ago, sorry."

a look of sadness flashed in his eyes. "alright. when he gets back, can you tell him to come by my dorm? my tv is broken again and i need him to fix it for me."

his tv is broken? bullshit. this nigga is always showing up at night making up excuses to get omar to come over to his dorm. reminds me of how jahseh used to invite me over to his dorm to "study" and we wouldn't study at all.

"alright, i'll tell him," i responded. i then closed the door and resumed making my sandwich. niggas out here messing with the time that i could have used to eat my food.

i returned back to the kitchen after gazzy left, placing the slices of turkey onto my bread slices and finishing it off with cheese and lettuce (which i didn't even like, but i was trying to lose weight. i was tired of being told what i was built like.)