EIGHT

"stoke's cousin is kinda cute."

jahseh

stokeley was still acting weird.

the whole night, i would try to do something physical with him, and he would just push me away or give a stank look.

and by physical, i didn't mean i was trying to swallow his kids right there on jared's couch. i was only doing shit like laying my head on his shoulder or touching his arm, and he still freaked out about it.

man, straight men were fucking weird.

stoke has to know i like him, why else would he be acting all jumpy and weird around me when he hasn't before? let me remind you that we've seen each other naked before, but yet he was uncomfortable with me putting my head on his shoulder?

reason #278  why i don't go after straight niggas.

maybe i should just stop this shit before it gets even worse, and stokeley doesn't want to be my friend anymore.

later that night, it was time to figure out sleeping arrangements once again.

"jared, why don't you let jahseh sleep in your room?" stokeley suggested. there wasn't anywhere for me to sleep, since jared only had 2 bedrooms and a basement.

"are you sure he wants to stoke? you should ask him first," jared replied.

"no, no, i'm sure he'll be fine. i don't think he would mind if you cuddled him either, i know you love cuddling." stoke continued.

i didn't say anything, because i didn't feel like being difficult, but i wasn't stupid. i knew exactly what he was trying to do.

was he so disgusted with the knowledge that i had a crush on him that he had to pawn me off on his cousin? i didn't even think i was that bad about it... sure, i did try to sit in his lap earlier, but i didn't think he would be this dramatic about it.

i was hurt. hopefully i'll just keep my hands and my flirty remarks to myself for the rest of this trip and i'll be able to swallow my pride and forget this ever happened, and we can just go back to being friends. i just got too bold, that was all. 

"jare it's fine," i cut in, my voice low as i picked with the strings on my shorts. "i'll sleep with you. if you're okay with that of course,"

jared smiled at me. "yeah, i'm okay with that. come with me."

he lead me to his bedroom, and i was trying my hardest not to show how sad i was about how stokeley was acting towards me, but my emotions showed clearly.

"jah, don't mind him," jared said as soon as we reached his bedroom. "he can be dumb as hell sometimes, don't let him ruin your mood."

"thanks," my voice was flat, but i really appreciated him trying to make me feel better, although his attempt didn't work.

"goodnight jahseh, sleep well." he said before shutting the light off.

"goodnight jare," i replied before gettibg in the bed and closing my eyes, trying not to think of stoke and trying to drift off to sleep.