1.12

I don't own anything but Dean/Bellamy and my ideas.

⚔️

Chapter 12- Skin Deep

"Oh, you got the book," Mary Margaret spoke up towards David as they sat in different seats but close by one another

"Yeah," David replied with a small nod and grin, "Yeah, I just started it. It's great. Can't wait to see how it ends."

Ruby moved over to Mary Margaret's table and poured some coffee in her cup, speaking up, "Uh, I can push the tables together if you guys-"

"Oh, no, we're not together-" "No, it's-" Both Mary Margaret and David simultaneously started in that order just as Ruby nodded some and walked away.

Bellamy then walked in at that moment, covering his mouth with his hand as he yawned slightly. "Wow, you two really have something awkward going on here."

David glanced over at his brother, concerned, and curiously asked, "You okay?"

Bellamy dismissed the concern and waved him off, saying, "I'm fine, just tired. Just came back from camping with Henry. It was fun but also tiring." He genuinely smiled a little.

Ruby handed the green eyed man a cup of black coffee who took it gratefully and then sat in the booth across from David.

As Bellamy sat there and drank his coffee, Emma walked over and spoke up, "Hey, David, Bellamy."

"Hey." Both of the Nolan brothers responded back while David went back to reading and Bellamy sipping on his coffee.

"Mary Margaret." Emma started as she sat at the table across from the said dark haired woman. "So... How's your day going?"

"Henry's fine," Bellamy spoke up, knowing what the blonde really wanted to ask.

Emma glanced over at the said man and back at Mary Margaret, letting out in slight surprise, "That's not what I asked her." She noticed the looks on their faces before adding, "You sure?"

"Really. He's his normal self." Mary Margaret assured, "Bellamy here just spent the weekend with the kid camping. Regina won't keep you separated forever. When people are supposed to be together, they find a way." She glanced over at David who also looked her way with a small smile.

Bellamy stole a fry from his brother's plate of uneaten food and looked back and forth at the two.

"So, he's his normal self. He's fine. He's happy?" Emma began. She was glad that Henry was happy, but she wanted to be part of the reason that he was happy.

"Yes." Mary Margaret assured but quickly corrected herself as she noticed the look of pain  cross Emma's face, "No. He misses you a lot. Trust me, I'm with him, like, six hours a day."