Chapter fifteen

Keith's pov:

"Y-you mean it's a girl? We had a baby girl. I have a little princess?" Lance nodded and began to hand her off to me. I held her close in my arms. I started to cry when she cooed lights and stirred.

"Ha hi baby girl." Lance moves to sit beside me on the table and pulled me into his arms. We held her together and I couldn't stop smiling as tears rolled down my cheeks.

I heard a click and looked up to see Pidge taking a photo. I remembered the others were there and wiped my tears. But I still couldn't stop looking at my baby girl.

"Gonna want to remember this I assure you."

"Thank you Pidge. And thank all of you for helping."

"It was our pleasure Keith. Fair warning, you're still on that strong pain killer I injected you with. But it'll wear off soon and you'll start to feel that cut there." Coran pointed to my tummy.

I lifted up my shirt as gasped a little when I saw a long cut with stitches.

"See what you did to me little one? This is gonna leave a scar." Lance laughed and so did the others I moved to lay my top half more into Lance and he put his arms more around us in a half hug.

"So, what's gonna be her name? That's kinda an important one." Shiro walked up and put his hand on her head smiling.

"Hmm red and blue, her name can be purple?" We all laughed at that.

"I thought you said you love our daughter?"

"Not funny Keith."

"Well, what about Violet?" We all looked over at Pidge who looked a little shy.

"Well I mean you know because yeah red and blue but it's a type of purple."

"I love it. Violet?" I looked up at Lance who kissed my head.

"Violet it is." The others cheered lightly and Pidge seemed the most happy.

"Whose last name are you going to give her? Since you guys are both, you know?" Damn Romelle had a point there. Never though about that.

"I'm not sure I hadn't given it much thought."

"I want to give her yours." I looked up at Lance again. He looked down a little shocked but I could tell there was a spark in his eye.

"Are you sure? You don't wanna carry yours because I have others for mine and you kinda don't." I sat up a little more to kiss him.

"Lance McClain don't think I don't know you. I know you want her to have your name and I saw your eyes when I offered. I'm sure others can pass down mind and if not I don't care. I have another name I much rather have." He blushed at the last part but smiled like an idiot. He pulled us into a full hug being careful not to hurt Violet.

"Thank you. For everything. For my family." I felt his tears roll down onto my neck.

"Our family. Together." I pulled from the hug and kissed him once again.

"Violet McClain. She's so cute." Pidge now came up to say hi and Violet stirred and cooed a bit. Pidge has soft eyes and a sweet smile as she stroked Violets small cheek.

"Do you want to hold her now Katie?" Pidges eyes shot up to mine she smiled brightly.

"Really can I? You're gonna let me hold her? I mean yes yes I want to hold her." We both laughed and I adjusted myself to ease Violet into her arms.

She cradled her nicely smiling . She bounced lightly holding her very close to her. She leaned down and kissed Violets head.

"Hi little mini McClain. I'm Pidge or Katie works to but you'll probably hear Pidge more. It's kinda a nickname. Any ways you're pretty cute ya know. When you're a bit old we could probably be friends since I'm currently the closest to your age. But I should stop talking because now I'm just rambling."

We all laughed at Pidges awkwardness. She blushed a little but continued to gently bounce and rock the baby. Then Romelle hugged her from behind and placed her hands on Pidges around Violet. Pidge looked back at Romelle to smile at her before turning back to Violet, a single tear rolling down her cheek before she whipped it.

"One day baby, okay I promise. We'll have one too." She whispered in her ear but loud enough for me and I think Shiro to hear. Pidge nodded and Romelle stroked her arm and put a hand on Violets head.

"Mm eh ah ow ow ow! Coran!" I felt the pain of my stitches finally hitting me.

"Did it wear off already? Not to fear we have some pills that'll help but won't be as strong."

We spent the next hour or two letting everyone get a chance to hold and say hi to Violet. I laid with Lance and closed my eyes a bit tired. He rubbed my arm and kissed my head.

"How about you get some rest? You're probably tired still." Allura handed the baby back to me and I nodded scooting back down more. I placed Violet on my chest and heard and the others left is three alone.

~~~~

I woke up later and looked around. It seemed like I was alone.

"Lance? Violet?" I called out and felt worried.

"Hey don't worry she's with Lance they'll be back any minute. They just went to feed her." Pidge walked up and put her hand on me. I smiled.

"Oh, thank you Pidge." She smiled at me.

"Thank you for letting me hold her first. I mean besides you two. And technically for naming her. It means a lot and I'm gonna help you guys as much as I can."

"Thank you Pidge and you're welcome. You can hold her whenever you want. I know you can't wait but just hang in there. Or maybe you'll see how annoying babies can be and change your mind." We both burst out laughing at that one.

I winced a little. That hurt my cut. Pidge put her hand on my stomach cut lightly. My stomach has gone down mostly but wasn't back to normal fully yet.

"Don't worry after today it won't hurt as bad. Maybe we can put you in the healing pod when you can stand tomorrow." That was a nice thought. Kinda tired of this cut mark already.

Just then the door opened. I saw Pidge smile at me and the other came in smiling. I didn't really get it at first till I saw Lance walk in with Violet. I smiled sitting up and wanted to cry.

"You wanted our baby girl to wear it after birth. Well here you go." Lance handed off Violet to me wearing the purple dress I had picked from the store.

"She's beautiful." Lance went back to holding me as I held her close. I kissed her head and lightly almost in a whisper told her,

"I love you."

Klance baby! Thanks you to StrangerPidge for helping me with picking the name and gender for the baby. Enjoy.