Chapter seventeen

Pidges pov:

"It's open." The door opened to reveal Keith holding Violet.

"Lance and I are gonna take a shower. Could you guys please watch her for like 15 minutes?" I smiled and got up to take Violet in my arms.

"Thank you guys." I walked back to the bed as the door closed. Violet gurgled a little and Romelle laughed. I sat down beside her and she put her arm around me.

I looked down at Violet with loving eyes. I spoke to her softly telling her how much we loved her. I held her in the air and she laughed and I played with her a bit before holding her calmly again. I stroked the little bit of hair that was starting to grow. I continued to smile holding her close.

That's when Romelle kissed me on the head. She pulled me closer in the hug and placed her arms around the baby too. Right over mine.

"I promise when you're a bit older. Just wait a little longer." She kissed my head again and I nodded.

"It's okay I can wait a little. It's only another year right?" I mentally cursed myself when I realized we hadn't talked about the plan with Romelle yet. She sat up and looked at me.

"What do you mean? We never planed an age together."

"Well when I was feeling Keith's baby bump, me and Lance made a deal that when I'm 19 he would sit down with us and discuss helping me get pregnant. Unless that was too weird to you. This why we wanted to wait to talk about it." I looked away holding the baby.

"I'm not sure I'm so comfortable with that. Having sex with Lance to get you pregnant so we can have a baby? That's a little crazy." I felt a bit like crying but just hugged Violet closer. Then I felt Romelle move my head to face her. She gently placed her lips to mine.

"But if that's what will make you happy, then that's how we'll have our baby." I turned to her with wide eyes and smiled. She hugged us and I just stayed still. Enjoying the moment.

"Thank you. Trust me with Violet we'll have plenty of practice." She kissed my head again and smiled at me.

Keiths pov:

We were all sitting together on the couches and Lance was holding Violet. She was just lightly gurgling until she started crying. Lance stood up shushing her while bouncing.

"I think she needs to be changed Lance."

"Yeah Alluras right. Here I'll get it this time." I took Violet from Lance and he mouthed a thank you. Lance was good with everything but never liked to change her.

I took her to her room and laid her on the table. She continued to cry as I changed her while trying to speak to her. When I was done I placed her in the crib and washed my hands. She was still crying when I can back and I groaned loudly. I picked her up bouncing as I walked back to the couches.

She still cried and I could tell the others were slightly annoyed by it. I shushed her and continued to bounce her. It didn't work she kept crying. I looked desperately at Lance for help. He took her from my arms and started to hold her in the air and played around. It didn't seem to be working.

"Let me see." Allura got up from the couch to pick up Violet. She started to bounce just like we did, but then she started to sing to her. She sang a light song in Altean and swayed a little. Soon Violet stopped crying and her eyes fluttered shut. After a little longer, she fell fast asleep.

"Amazing Allura. I didn't know you could sing so well. How did you know this would work?" I gently grabbed Violet from her arms and sat down. Lance placed his arm around us and everyone looked to Allura.

"Of course I can sing. I love to. And when I was little it used to always help put me to sleep. So I figured it would work for her too." Allura sat back down on the couch proudly and and Shiro placed his arm around her smiling. I sighed glad it was over and laid into Lance more.

"Kinda forgot about that part of parenting huh?" Lance rubbed my thigh and laughed a little. I smiled.

"I'm just glad we have so much help." I nuzzled into him more and he chuckled putting his arms around mine over Violet. Violet was very difficult but whenever we had slip ups it was great that we had everyone else to help.

Lances pov:

I placed Violet down in her crib then returned to the bed with Keith. He was already close to falling asleep. I laid down beside him and he nuzzled into my chest kissing it quickly. I smiled and ran hand through his mullet hair. I kissed his head but kinda let my lips linger a little.

"I love you." Keith sat up and moved us so that i was laying on my back and and he laid on top of me. He placed his head on chest and buried his face in my neck.

"I wove ou ro" I laugh at his incapability to speak.

Goodnight