Chapter twenty

Keith's pov:

"Daddy! Daddy! Wake up wake up!" I groaned as our three year old daughter jumped on us in bed giggling.

"Your daughter is awake." I mumble to Lance as a turn over more smiling.

"Mmm nope that's your daughter. That's definitely more your hair color." Lance wrapped (a/n so I discovered that I've been spelling that wrong this whole time) his arms around me and kissed my head.

Violet was now three years old. She had long thick black hair that naturally framed her face. She had Carmel skin but not as dark as Lances though. But she did have Lances little freckles. She had the same eyes as me and we think she'll be getting my height. Over all, she was beautiful.

"Come onnnnn I wanna play!" Lance grabbed Violet by her little torso and pulled her in between us. She laughed loudly and snuggled into us both. I scooted In closer to Lance squishing us all together more. Lance threw his arm around us both and we fell asleep for a little longer.

Lances pov:

The three of us walked into the lounge with the others. Everyone was there except for Coran. As soon as we walked in Violet ran to Shiro and jumped into his arms. He lifted her to the air while she laughed. Keith and I smiled and sat down, Keith leaning into me.

I laughed looking across the couch to see Pidge was asleep laying her head on Romelles lap. Pidge hasn't cut her hair in these last four years. It was long and thick and currently up in a ponytail. It wasn't as long as before she cut it but it was close.

Violet sat with Shiro and Allura like always. They were almost like her grandparents even though they're both way to young.

Suddenly the alarms went off and we all bolted to our feet. We ran to the control room with Coran.

"What's going on daddy?" Violet was covering her ears and Keith picked her up. Coran shut off the alarm and and Keith handed Violet off to Romelle.

"Distress signal. Paladins get to the lions." Six of us ran to our lions.

Romelle pov:

Violet sat in my lap kicking her feet back and fourth.

"My daddies are gonna kick their butts!" I laugh and loosely braid her hair. As the battle dies down it seems like the paladins won and are okay.

"We're heading back now. We won." Violet cheered at Alluras announcement. I sighed and smiled. Another successful mission.

Keith's pov:

"Daddy! Daddy!"

"Hey baby girl." Lance walked ahead and pick Violet up giving her little kisses on her forehead. I walked up to them smiling and Lance handed Violet to me. She kissed my cheek and hugged me tightly.

"Did you see us out there? We were totally awesome weren't we?" I nudged Lance with my elbow and he laughed. Violet nodded her head rapidly laughing.

We all walked back to the couches and sat around. Violet sat in Lances lap beside me. He put his arm around me and I leaned in with them.

We all stayed around for a couple hours. It was getting late so I picked Violet up to put her to bed.

"No! I don't want to go to bed daddy!" She pouted but right after that she yawned and laid her head on my chest.

"I'll be right back baby." Lance nodded and gently pressed his lips to mine sweetly. He smiled against my lips. I walked off to violets room.

She was already half asleep when I laid her down in her little bed. I tucked her in tightly and kissed her head.

"Goodnight baby, I love you." I whispered to her. Her head just slumped to the side and she began to lightly snore.

Lances pov:

Keith came back into the room and I smiled. He sat in my lap. We all talked for a little more. I noticed Keith kept rubbing his arms. I removed my jacket assuming he was cold and slipped it onto his shoulders.

"Oh I don't want you to get cold Lance I'll be fine." He tried to slip off the jacket and I slipped it back onto his arms.

"Don't worry babe I'll be fine. Besides you're clearly cold and I'm not." I wrapped my arms around his and hugged him tightly kissing his neck. He giggled and and adjusted himself to face me. He kissed the tip of my nose and snuggled into my chest.

I continued to talk with the others until I felt Keith's breathing go steady and his body completely relaxed. I stroked his back knowing he had fallen asleep.

I picked Keith up bridal style and said good night to the others. As I was walking to our room I just laughed a little to myself. Carrying him like this reminded me of our wedding day. When I carried him like this back to the castle after the party. When he was my bride. It reminded me of how far we've come in our relationship and now we had a family. I smiled brightly at him.

I laid him down in our bed and slid in next to him. He stirred a little and laid onto my chest. I kissed his head and rubbed his back.

"Daddy?" I looked over and violet was walking up to our bed rubbing her eyes. "Can I sleep with you guys?"

I smiled and opened my arms. She climbed in onto me and Keith adjusted himself to get her in. Keith smiled at her and she laid snug between us. I gave him one last deep and long kiss on the lips. I felt his tongue trailing down mine and his smiled against mine.

He pulled away and cuddled into me more pushing Violet into me more too. And with that, we all faded asleep. As a family. Our family. That we've come so far together for. And before I drifted to sleep myself, I whispered to my husband and daughter one last......

I love you.