Distraction

Kehlani's POV:

Mia still hasn't spoke to me, it's getting a bit pathetic now. It's 4pm the next day after I spoke to Demi and when I gave a fan one of her tickets. I'm in my living room watching tv when my phone gets a notification, and it's from Demi again, she is really annoying.

Demi🙄: I've been in Brooklyn for 2 hours now and I need coffee, also I'm very bored wanna meet?

Oh so now she wants to talk to me after she wouldn't accept my apology yesterday.

Kehlani: oh so you forgive me now?

Demi🙄: hey! You really upset me yesterday, it's your fault but yeah whatever I forgive you. So wanna meet or not.

Kehlani: will there be paparazzi following you?

Demi🙄: probably, why?

Kehlani: fgs I didn't want to wear makeup.

Demi🙄: I'm not wearing any, you'll be fine.

Kehlani: okay, come to my apartment. 22 stoneflie road.

Demi🙄: ten minutes be ready.

I put my phone down on the couch whilst I get ready. I put on my grey joggers, grey crop top, grey denim jacket and sliders. I brush my hair into a high ponytail and grab my bag. I made sure I had money, a brush, my phone and phone charger.

I heard a knock on my front door and I was rushing to turn everything off and I swung the door open making Demi jump and making me laugh out loud.

"I'm sorry I'm rushing, one sec." She laughs and nods. I turn my tv off and head out the door with Demi.

"So how are you?" She looks at me and smiles.

"In need of coffee, how are you?" I shrug my shoulders and smile slightly.

"Well I lost my best friend of 12 years but other then that I'm hungry." She laughs and pulls me to her car.

We are in Starbucks sat in a booth with food and our coffees. When she looks at me and smiles and she notices that I've got a confused look on my face.

"You like my face?" Her head shoots up and giggles.

"I was looking at your pictures yesterday on your Twitter. Why do you wear makeup? You don't need it." I blush and roll my eyes.

"Why do you wear makeup? You don't need it either. I wear it for the same reason as you." She nods slowly and carried on eating her food.

"So you taken?" I shake my head.

"No girls want me, but I don't mind being single because I can figure out more things about me. What about you?"

"I'm single, I don't think I've met the right person yet. One day it will come but I don't rush relationships. I can never find someone who wants me and accepts my job at the same time." I nod understanding her situation.

"You have a cool job, I am just a professional cosmetologist." Her eyes widen.

"No wonder why you are so good at makeup. Is it hard." I shake my head and smile.

"When you are doing something you love you can't complain." Demi nods. She looks down for a while and then she stands up.

"Have you got an outfit for tomorrow?" I shake my head.

"I was just going to wear a top and jeans." She shakes her head.

"Nope that's not good enough, come on we are going shopping." I really don't want to but she's right I can't just wear basic clothes, let's just go shopping with Demi Lovato.

We are in the mall, in Top Shop. People were starting to attack Demi and she didn't have security so the staff had to kick everyone out and let us shop and open it again once we are gone.

"Do you want to wear a dress?"

"No thank you, I'm not a fan of dresses." She nods. She holds up this top where it goes off my shoulders.

"Here this would suit your skin tone. Now all we need is something to match with it." I look for jeans, yes I will wear jeans. I hold up these black ripped jeans.

"These will go with that blue top." She looks at them, observes them and nods.

"Yep, and I know the perfect shoes to go with them. I know these Tommy Hilfiger shoes where they have a platform on them and they are white. If you get them and a white denim jacket your outfit will be perfect." I smile because she has good fashion sense and I nod. We buy everything from this store then head to Footlocker to buy my shoes.

We brought the shoes and we got into Demi's car. She drove me to my apartment and walked my to my front door. Her phone went off and she cursed.

"What's wrong?" She put her face in her hands.

"My makeup artist Angelo, said he can't make any of the shows at all for my tour! Do you know how bad this is? I can't be doing my own makeup for my tour!" Wow that must suck. Then I thought I'm professional why don't I just do it.

"I'm not a fan, I'm being a friend. Keep that in mind. I will do your makeup if you want." She looks at me and smiles.

"You would do that?" I nod and smile. "You are a life saver Kehlani."

"I will come to the show tomorrow at 4:30pm to do your makeup but there's a problem. What about your fan, she's coming?" She shrugs her shoulders.

"It doesn't matter she will have to come in the dressing room till the show starts." I nod. "Well thanks Kehlani and I will see you tomorrow?"

"See you later." She smiles and gets into her car. I guess Demi is nice after all.

I'm sat on my couch when I get a notification on Twitter.

It's a picture of me and Demi that we took in her car earlier.

@ddlovato
@kehlani♥️

I reply to her. 'I'm still not a fan remember, just a friend👌🏽.'

I text the fan again:
@kehlani: hey just telling you plans have changed, be ready by 4pm.

@demistan_4evaa: okay that's fine.

I put my phone under my pillow and get under the covers and not long after I fall asleep.