CHAPTER FIVE

I waited in Club 11's queue for over two hours

I waited in Club 11's queue for over two hours. I knew Liam Warren's nightclub was a busy attraction, but the inefficient customer admission process had a soporiferous effect, almost putting me to sleep. Two people stand before me now. They brandished identification cards, and in a state of scheming fortitude, I skulked in their shadows to enter the building without the awareness of security.

"I need to see identification." One of the bouncers' meaty hands landed on my shoulder to prevent me from going further. "Then you can pay at the door."

I adopted Chloe's flirtatiousness and fluttered my eyelashes. "Um..." I beguiled ineffectively. He stared at me like I had grown two heads. "Oh, shit. I left identification at home."

"No, I.D." His arms crossed. "No entry."

"Oh, come on." My lips puckered. "I arranged a meeting with Liam, so you must let me inside."

"No. And if the Boss wanted to see you," he jabbed a chubby finger on my nose, "he'd have given me the heads up. So, either prove you are legal or take your juvenile arse away from my step."

Knowing I had lost another battle, I succumbed to defeatism. "Asshole." Hands tucked into my coat pockets, I strolled past the long line of people, all laughing and having a good time like mindless idiots. I mean, they are not even inside yet. How can they be so exultant in a ridiculous queue?

Retrieve the claws, Alexa. You are only jealous.

I was seconds away from crossing the road when male laughter brought me to a sudden stop. Looking down the misty, unilluminated alleyway belonging to Club 11, I eyed the amassed men smoking cigarettes and marijuana. Behind them, the fire exit's wide-open door summoned me. I balanced on the soles of my shoes and, dashing behind the overflowing dumpsters, ducked out of eyesight surreptitiously.

"The girl sucked my dick like a fucking hoover," one man said.

"Where did you take her?"

"Prestige suite," he said. "Boss will have a fucking seizure if he finds out."

"Yeah," another chimed. "No touching the merchandise," he imitated with a mocking snort. "Dick."

My ears perked up to listen.

"She is game," the other male drawled. "I know, for a fact, she allowed Nate and Brad to spit roast last week. We should put our offer forward."

"Nah, Cherry only entertains the ranks."

Someone chortled. "Slut."

My face twisted in disgust. Men.

"She might slurp like a hoover, but her fanny is like a fucking bucket. Not even worth the dip," another man said as the rest of them laughed uproariously. "Barbell has my load jacking in seconds."

There was a discarded beer bottle on the floor that I wanted to lunge at them. "Pigs."

"Yo, did you hear something?"