CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I was signing documents in the office when the door knocked

I was signing documents in the office when the door knocked. Glimpsing to the surveillance monitor on the desk, I see Natalie standing outside the door, floundering with her appearance. I was in no mood for her neediness tonight. Lately, the buxom blonde was proving to be problematic. I have turned her down at every corner, yet she continued to pester me.

Pouring neat whiskey into a glass, I relaxed in the leather chair. "Come in."

Natalie opened the door. "Mr Warren." Even her innocent smile irritated me. "Can we talk?"

I motioned to the chair opposite the desk.

She became seated. "About us."

I tsked. "Natalie. You should know better."

"Did I do something wrong?" Her cheeks flushed pink. "It's just, well, you haven't requested my time..." When I stayed silent, she hunted for the right words. "Is there someone else?"

Her question pissed me off. "I do not answer to you."

"Then, what did I do?" she argued, her voice rising to a feverish pace. "I can't even remember the last time we slept together."

"Our history is not relevant." Knocking down a shot of whiskey, I set the empty glass on the desk. "Are you sexually aroused, Natalie?"

Pouting, she purred, "Yes."

"Then I am sure one of the men can assist," I offered, and her lustfulness diluted into anger. "Close the door behind you."

My phone vibrated with a text message.

Brad: I need you downstairs.

"I don't want them," Natalie retorted, reminding me that she is still here. "I want you."

"You see, this is where I draw the line." Building a deck on the desk, I ground marijuana and distributed greens across the paper. "I am unavailable. You know it. I know it. Yet you demand more."

"You favoured me over the others," she pointed out with a shit-eating grin. "It hasn't gone unnoticed, Mr Warren. Everyone knows I am off-limits."

I stared in bewilderment. "Get out."

"What?" She flinched. "But Mr Warren—"

"I said, get out," I snapped, and she staggered to her feet. "You are not unavailable, Natalie. The entire syndicate can rail you, for all I fucking care. You have breached the terms and conditions of our agreement." Rounding the desk, I grasped her elbow and shoved her toward the exit. "Hound me once more." Swinging open the door, I forced her across the threshold. "You won't live to hear the end of it."

Her lips curled into a snarl. "Fuck you, Warren."

Thrusting her against the wall, I almost delivered a backhander when my elbow clipped someone in the face. Dropping some of tonight's bagged up earnings on the floor, Alexa, gasping in shock, cupped her nose.