CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Today is a special day

Today is a special day. It's Christmas. Although everyone around me isn't celebrating the conventional way, I am not in control of tireless exhilaration. I am having fun, with or without those suited scrooges.

In actuality, Brad's the only Suit looking forward to planned festivities. He mightn't admit such excitement when Liam's present, but the man has sought me out endlessly at work, adding many favoured items to our dinner menu.

Modelling a red satin dress, I collected the trash bag and ambled past the long line of security detail near the elevator. "I made a gateau," I lied, and the Suit peered at me over his black aviators. "Well, I purchased it from the supermarket, but I still made an effort, right?" The elevator pinged, the doors sliding open. "I will save you some."

Taking the lift downstairs, I stepped out, feeling rather ostentatious in my six-inch heels and glittered attire. Through the rotational doors, I exited the building l and carefully trekked over thinly blanketed snow. Light flakes fell from the skies of London. It is beautiful.

Dumping the trash into the communal bin and uprooting my phone, I sent Josh a selfie with the picturesque snow and ice in the background.

Josh: Hot damn.

Me: I meant the snow.

Josh: Fuck the snow. Are you wearing a bra?

Me: Does it matter?

Josh: Yes.

Me: Well, it's none of your business.

Josh: LOL!

Josh: I zoomed in.

Me: Of course you did.

Josh: Nice nipples.

Alexa: Merry Christmas, Josh.

He sent me a picture of him and his grandmother.

I smiled.

Me: I am so jealous.

Josh: Why?

Me: Your gran looks awesome.

Josh: She is one of a kind.

Josh: I wore the elf hat to wake her up (inserts wink emoji).

Pinching the screen, I zoomed in on the photo. Yes, the green elf hat sat lopsidedly on his head. Noticing something else in the picture, I sent him another message.

Me: What is that?

Josh: What?

I took a screenshot of the photo, drew a circle around his nipple, and sent it.

Josh: You want to lick it, don't you?

Me: ???

Josh: It's a piercing!