Chapter 7

"Ladies, Ladies. Keep it down!" As the 16 girls filed into the Women's room, they were greeted by a petite lady with a small frame and a very loud voice. As they all sat down on various couches and chairs, the lady introduced herself. "Ladies, I am Silvia. I will be your advisor, teacher, and guardian while you are here at the palace. I have lived in the Palace since I was a child, as my mother was the assistant to Queen America while she was raising Princess Eadlyn. Now, I am Queen Eadlyn's and she has asked me to be your teacher and mentor. As one of you will be Princess, and eventually Queen one day, you all must do your best, and if you value your spot here at all, you will always be on your best behavior whether or not anyone from the royal family is in the room. I don't have the power to send you home, but I can make sure Prince Jacen is informed." She turned to the door and began again. "Now, with that, I would like to welcome Prince Jacen in to explain your first assignment."

With a grand gesture, she pulled the door open to reveal Prince Jacen. He walked into the room, and as Silvia swept into a low curtsy, all the ladies got the hint, and hastily stood to curtsy. "Ladies, please be seated." Jacen said. "I'm sure by now Silvia has told you why I am here. I am going to tell you that even if no one will be going home after this, I will be watching. Now, without further ado, let me explain your assignment. You will each write on a piece of paper five words you would like people to remember you as after you die. Keep in mind that you are writing this as a Princess/ Queen. So everything must be appropriate. And, for those of you that make it to the Final 6 or 8, there will be another assignment concerning this later. 

"I am now coming around to hand each of you a piece of paper and a pen. Once I give it to each person, you have 5 minutes to write your five words. Please remember to write your name. Good luck!" Jacen finished. 

Once he finished, all the girls hunched down over their papers and got to work. Jacen walked around the room looking at some ladies papers, and noting on what they had thus far. One particular standout was Amberly Jacobs, who was done in 3 minutes and had the words kind, loving, joyful, patient, and caring. Another standout was Carlee Woods, who was done in a similar amount of time, and wrote the words strong, family, laughter, love, and heart. He saw the words love, family, and kind sprinkled throughout other ladies as well. One standout  was Jayla Kels, who wrote the words regal, ruler, queen, supreme, and superior. These words told Jacen that all she wanted was the crown. He made a mental note, then moved on. 

When time was up, Jacen collected the papers, thanked Silvia, and walked out of the room without another word.