Chapter 22

Jacen knocked firmly on the door to the Women's Room. He knew it had been called the Newsome Library, or something like that, but the casual term was the Women's Room. A maid answered the door, and Jacen cleared his throat before asking for someone.

"Yes, Your Majesty." The maid answered, before closing the door. It opened again a few seconds later, and Celeste slipped out, her eyes landing on Jacen as she dipped into a low curtsy. She paused, then straightened back up.

"Your Highness! what a pleasant surprise. I was not expecting to see you!" Celeste said.

"Please join me. We will be dining together today. When we reach the top of the stairs, please stop for a second."

"Okay." Celeste answered.

They reached the top, and Jacen reached into his pocket. He pulled out a handkerchief. He tied it around Celeste's eyes, then guided her down the hall. He paused, and opened a door, before pulling her in and pulling off the blindfold. 

Celeste's eyes widened as she took in her surroundings. She looked around and saw Jacen's room. He guided her out to the balcony, and helped her sit down in one of the chairs at the table that was set up. She looked around as Jacen pulled her lunch off the cart. She could see the entire garden, and part of the city that lay beyond the walls. 

She was drawn back to the table when a smell caught her attention. She looked at her plate and saw a steaming steak sandwich on a beautifully crispy baguette. She took a tentative bite, before inhaling the rest of the sandwich. She hadn't realized how hungry she was until she had finished. 

She looked up and caught Jacen's eye. She saw his eyes sparkling, and he had a small smile on his face. She dipped her head down bashfully, knowing full well that future princesses did not eat like that. But, she saw Jacen inhale his as well, and she felt better. 

Jacen stood up and offered his arm to Celeste. She took it, and they both walked out of the room. Jacen snapped his fingers, and a maid rushed into the room which they had exited, presumably to clean up the remainders of their lunch. He guided her into another room, and he briskly walked over to a stereo. He slid a slim phone out of his pocket, and placed it on a docking station. He pressed a few buttons, and a slow, waltz music played. 

"Oh, Jacen! This is amazing, but I can't dance!" Celeste said, apologetically. 

"And that's why we're here. The winter dance is in a few weeks, and you have to be able to dance. " He offered his arm to Celeste again, and off they went. 

"Follow my lead... Watch my feet... Hold my arms like this... Lean into me... See, you're getting it!" Jacen instructed her as they went. 

They didn't realize the door to the ballroom was left cracked open. Someone was looking into the room, and when they saw what was going on, gasped. The door swung closed and there were footsteps pounding along the hallway. But Jacen and Celeste were too caught up in each others eyes to notice or care.