Chapter 11

When Jacen got out of bed the next morning, he looked over his list one more time, feeling satisfied with his decisions. Part of him was disappointed to be sending some of the ladies home so soon, but he knew that he was doing what had to be done. He got dressed, then grabbed his list and walked out to breakfast. After breakfast, he gathered all the ladies in one room, with him, his parents, and a few guards stationed around the room, in case any of the girls getting sent home tried anything. He said to the ladies, "Good morning. I see you are all here, so I may begin. If I call your name, please go over here. " He motioned to one side of the room. "If I do not, please go over here." He motioned to the other side of the room. "Lacey, Josephine, Emmalina, Jenna, Malia, and Janessa. The rest of you, please go over here. I may be eliminating six of you today, I may be eliminating 10. You 6, go in this room, you 10, go in that room. I will be meeting with you both shortly."  He turned to his parents and explained what he was doing. Then, he said he would film a segment for the Report, introducing the Top 10 Elite to Illea. 

As his mother wished him luck, Jacen's father grabbed his hand and said quietly, "Good luck out there. Ladies can be a challenge." With a wink, he took Queen Eadlyn's arm in his own, and together, they left of the room. 

Jacen went to see the group of 6 first. A smart girl, but just not his type, Emily said, "We are going home aren't we?" Jacen only provided a brief nod, before facing the rest of the girls. "I know this news is not what you want to hear, but I'm afraid I must ell you. As you have likely figured out, you have been eliminated and will be sent home. You are all amazing ladies, but at the end of the day, were not the right fit for me and Illea. As Prince, I have to look not only for a wife, but for Illea's next Princess and Queen, which makes my job here very difficult. I'm sorry that it didn't work out, but remember that when you return to your homes, you will have young men lined up around the block for your hand in marriage. You will be able to live any lifestyle you choose, with whatever lucky man you you want. Thank you all for coming here, and putting your lives on hold for me. I appreciate it, I wish you all the luck in your futures, and I look forward to seeing you all sometime soon." He paused, waiting for any outbursts from the ladies sitting in front of him. They all remained quiet, their faces not showing much of anything. "Once you leave this room, your maids will take you to your rooms to help you pack up and prepare for your journeys home. Travel safe!" 

He then saw the group of 10. They all sat up a bit straighter when he came in, all but one. Amberly was sitting in the middle row, and was sitting straight even before Jacen entered. He said to them, "As you may have guessed, you are all safe." The relief in the room was palpable as all the girls let out large sighs of relief. The girls looked at Jacen, and he continued talking. "The competition will get more intense as it gets smaller. In a few more weeks, I will eliminate a few more of you, reducing the size to 6-8 of you. From there, it will get harder. You are all dismissed now, but at exactly 3:30 PM, you are needed on the set of the Report. We are filming a segment to be aired on this weeks show. Thank you ladies, and see you at 3:30."

Jacen let out a sigh of relief, and went to meet with his mother and father.