Chapter 5: In Perfect Dysfunction

*Kymberly's POV*

       The small diner we had wandered into reminded me of being a kid again like most things seemed to anymore. We sat down at a booth in the very back of the diner just as we would've years ago. It seemed to me like I missed my childhood more than I wanted to.

    "Earth to Kymberly!" Corey waved his hand in front of my face.

     "Sorry I was lost in thought." I laughed slightly.

      "Are you alright you seem to be getting distracted very easily." Corey grinned at me.

       "Yeah I'm fine, I just don't want to go through any more of my mom's shit today." I laughed lightly.

      "Well, I think we can change that if you wanna go back to my place." He smiled at me.

       "Sounds good to me." I smiled, knowing I needed out of my mother's house.

        He grabbed my hand and lead me out the front door. I was grateful he was helping me out so much. He had been helping me go through the ungodly amount of shit my mother left. When we got to his place, there was really only two things I wanted to do but I wasn't going to say it first.

     "So what do you want to do?" He smiled waiting for me to speak.

     "I don't know." Truth is I did know but I didn't want to tell him.

      "Come on, there's got to be something you want to do." Corey insisted.

    I finally had enough and wanted him to stop talking so I kissed him. I decided on the drop of a hat that I was going to tell him what I wanted with my actions.

    "Are you sure?" He looked at me eyes shining intently on making sure that I wanted what was about to happen.

      "Yes." I breathed.

      I wanted it, I wanted him. There was not a single doubt in my mind about what I wanted.  He unbuttoned the flannel shirt I was wearing and slid the fabric from my shoulders before pulling off my faded AC/DC shirt as well. I said my hands underneath his shirt before removing it. I trailed my eyes and hands down his chest exploring every contour. I loved the view I had in front of me.

♤      ♤     ♤

    "I love you, Kym."

     "I love you too Corey." I smiled, he was my everything. The love of my life and my best friend.

      "Do you just wanna lay here and sleep. After all, l that I'm pretty fucking wiped." Corey gave his infectious grin.

      "Yeah I agree with you, I'm tired as shit." I laughed dryly.

     Sleep overcame us and for once I was all too willing to fall asleep. I was figuring out that I sleeping better having Corey with me. He made me feel safe, secure and comfortable. Although it had been like that since we were kids. Even after all this time he still cared the way he used to if not more. He loved me for me, not anything else. 

*Corey's POV*

      I woke before Kym, she was still soundly sleeping next to me. I rolled over and looked at her she looked so peaceful when she slept. There was no doubt in my mind that I loved her. Then again I had known I loved her since we were kids I just hadn't ever had the balls to tell her how I felt up until recently.

    "Morning." She looked at me still half asleep.

    "Morning." I smiled at her.

      She wasn't much of a morning person so she hauled herself upright and went to the bathroom. I decided to go downstairs and make some coffee, I knew she would need it as much as I do. Roughly ten minutes later she came down the stairs and into the kitchen where I was sitting reading while drinking my coffee. She grabbed herself a cup and joined me at the table.

      "So after this, you wanna go get food because I really need to eat right about now?" 

     "How about I cook something. You and I have been going out to eat far too much lately." Kym countered with a smile.

     "Alright, I can live with that." I smiled.

     Kym always did feel at home in the kitchen, she loved cooking even when we were younger. After she finished her coffee she pulled out many different things and started to make something I had never seen before. I was curious so I went and stood beside her so I could watch.

    "What are you making?"

    "It's a really sweet French breakfast dish, you'll like it I promise." She grinned at me and continued cooking.

   "Okay, I'll trust you on this." I looked at her warily.

     When she was done she put the plates in front of us. It was like she had said really sweet, it didn't taste like anything I had ever eaten before.

    "Damn this is good." I shoved more of it into my mouth.

    "Thought you'd say that." She winked and went back to eating.

*Kym's POV*

Once again I blew Corey away with my cooking skills, I had just simply made crepes. They weren't all that interesting but to him, it was like I was showing him some alien planet. I focused on eating my food while listening to him go on about how amazing it tasted. I wanted to laugh because it was oddly comical. He was acting like he had never tasted food in his life. It also made me wonder when the last time he had a home cooked meal was. I knew that he more than likely can't or won't whichever the case may be cook for himself.

      "Jeez, you act like you haven't even a home cooked meal in a while."

     "Yeah its been a minute considering I'm not the greatest cook." He smiled awkwardly.

     "Should've seen that one coming." I laughed because he only confirmed that I was right one some weird level it was satisfying.