Chapter 13: Little Piece of Heaven

*Kymberly's POV*

    "You saw me that night?" He didn't know what to say.

    "Yes, I saw you. I saw you both." I turned to Joey as he joined the three of us.

    Joey came and gave me a hug. I gave in letting him hold me. I felt so low after telling them the truth. I felt like I couldn't even look at myself. However, my phone interrupted the hug and conversation.

    "Is this Miss Kymberly Winston?" A male voice on the other end asked.

     "This is her, may I ask who's calling?" I kept my voice level and under control.

      "Miss Winston I'm FBI Agent Marco Sullivan, I'm calling to inform you that your father Ethan Winston is getting released tomorrow. His defense attorney finally proved his innocence."

      "Are you serious after almost 11 years he gets to come home?" I didn't believe what I was hearing.

      "Yes Miss Winston. He gets to come home. He gets released tomorrow can you come pick him up?"

      "Yes I'll be there."

    I smiled like an idiot as I hung up the phone. I couldn't believe that I was finally getting my dad back after eleven years.

    "Kym?"

    "Yeah?" I smiled.

    "My dad is getting out of prison, they finally overturned the conviction. He doesn't have to sit in jail any longer than he already has."

     "That's so awesome Kym! I never believed your dad committed the murder."

       "Neither did I. I'm just glad he's coming home." I grinned.

      "So Kym, do you want me to come with you when you go pick your dad up?"

       "Yeah I do, I'm not sure he got my letter about mom's death." I stated openly.

*A Day Later*

     I stood beside Corey and waited for my dad to come walking out the door. I was absolutely beside myself, I hadn't seen my dad in eleven years.

    "Kymberly... My how you've changed."

     "Hi dad." I smiled a little.

      "Where's your mother?"

       "You didn't get my letter daddy?"

        "Mom is dead. She's been dead for about a year."

        "Oh...  Well on a different note I feel like I should know this young man with you."

        "Dad you should remember him. This is Corey." I smiled at him.

        "How are you sir?" Corey smiled.

       "Better now I can be with my daughter again. It's been too long since I have seen her." My dad grinned.

    I took him back to mom's old house and got him settled in. I told him I would be staying with Corey that night. I had explained to him that we were together. My dad seemed to like that idea. I knew having my dad home was a good thing.

*          *           *

      "Kym?"

     "Hmm?"

     "I know things are going to be a little different now that your dad is out of prison. I was thinking we could take things further and you just come stay with me. I'm sure your dad can handle what's left of your mom's stuff." He smiled.

     "I'd like that, I'll talk to my dad about him taking over that project." I smiled lightly.

      "Great, why don't we go out to the bar just the two of us?"

       "Sounds good to me." I beamed.

       "Great let's go." He stood up grabbing my hand and pulling me to my feet.