Chapter 11: Vermilion

*Corey's POV*

   It killed me because it felt like nothing we had was real. She seemed so caught up in him that she didn't even notice me all that much anymore. In a way I missed my best friend, it felt like I had lost my way.

   "Hey man, you okay?" Joey was concerned, I hadn't been myself in a few days.

   "No, I should've never said it's over between her and I. I need her and she's got Mick. I just know that I fucked up." I sighed.

    "Let this be a lesson man, love what those you have because you won't have them forever." Joey said and I knew he was right and that hurt even worse.

    "Corey are you alright? You're still my friend and I still care." Kym looked at me patiently waiting for my answer.

     "Yeah I'm fine Kym." I forced a smile hoping she didn't notice how forced it was.

     "Okay." She smiled giving me squeeze on the shoulder before walking away.

    I walked away myself and decided to try writing because I didn't want to think I just wanted to turn everything off. I didn't want to be aware, hell I didn't want to exist at that very moment in time.

*Kymberly's POV*

    It had been a a happy almost two months with Mick until I noticed that we were slowly drifting apart. That was tearing me apart inside.

   "Kym, we've tried everything. Don't you think it's time we stop beating a dead horse?" Mick looked at me frustrated.

     "Are you saying it's over?" I looked at him fearing the worst.

     "Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying." He sighed.

    I didn't say another word, I just grabbed my car keys and purse and left.

    "Kym it's late where are you going?" Mick called after me.

     "Home Mick I'm going home." I stormed off to my car and climbed in. I grabbed various narcotic medications in my glove box and took a few. I needed something to numb the pain.

  I didn't waste any time starting the car and starting to drive. I called Corey hoping he would answer. I heard the dial tone praying to go he answered.

     "Kym?" I heard his voice.

      I couldn't do anything but sob, I got distracted and before I knew what was happened I ran off the road crashing into a power pole.

*Corey's POV*

      I was sitting on my couch with Joey when I got the call from Kym I could hear her sobbing and then I heard nothing but the sound of twisting metal.

  "KYM!" I yelled into the phone but got no answers.

   I ran outside and saw her car ran into the power pole. I ran to the car i knew Joey was hot on heels. I saw the star of her and called the paramedics.

    I watched helplessly as they took her out of her wrecked car and loaded her into the ambulance. After she was gone I raced inside grabbing my car keys.

     "Come on Joey we need to be there for her."

     "You're right let's go, I'll the other guys on the way."

    Joey got in the passenger side myself in the drivers side and we took off. I was sweating bullets by the time we got there. The rest of the band including Mick showed up at the same time as us.

    "What the hell happened to her Mick!" I was seething mad.

    "We ended things and she took off I knew she wasn't going to be okay yo drive but she wouldn't listen to me." Mick sighed looking hurt.

    "Mr. Taylor?" A nurse with short red hair called.

    "Mrs. Winston wants to see you."

    I jogged off to the room, I nearly cried when I saw how beat up she looked. I dropped down to my knees beside the bed.

   "Corey," She whispered.

    "I'm here Kymberly." My voice was quiet and strained.

     "I'm sorry Corey, I still love you no matter how hard I tried not to I still do." She weezed out a ragged breath.

     "Shh... I love you too Kym, I have since the day you left. I need you." I spoke softly carding my fingers through her hair.

     The rest of the guys came in one by one. Mick stayed off in the corner and didn't say much because he didn't want to up set her. The way she clung to me I knew I would need to ask her if we could try again. However, I knew that could wait until I got some more alone time with Kym.

*Two Days Later*
*Kymberly's POV*

     I was finally released from the hospital Corey had me staying with him so someone could look after me. I felt so shitty because I had lost both men that I had lived.

    "Kym?"

    "Yeah Corey?"

     "I wanna know if we can try our relationship again. Things didn't end right between us before." Corey looked at me.

    I was completely shocked and looked at him for a moment and then kissed him trying to be careful of my injuries. Some of them still hurt pretty bad.

   "I love you Kym and I'm so sorry that I was such a dick two months ago." He sighed.

    "Corey its okay, I forgive you." I hugged him close to me.

    I decided we should watch a movie, and for the first time in a long time Corey being extremely gentle like I was a fragile butterfly wing. It was so different than I was used to from him.

    "Corey."

    "Hmm?" He turned his head towards me.

     "I love you, you know that right?" I eyed him questioningly.

      "I know and I love you. I'm just sorry I had to almost lose you permanently to realize just how much." He pulled me into his gentle arms and I rested my head on his chest.

   I realized that Corey was the one for me and we were going to have trails and tribulations before we got our happily ever after. I needed him just as much as he needed me, maybe just a little more.