Chapter 7: Fright & Fight Night

*Kymberly's POV*

    It had been a few weeks and at that current moment in time I was the one facing the much too real torments of mental illness. I decided to do my best and keep up appearences and suffer gracefully so to speak. I was hanging out with the guys in Slipknot, Corey was acting a fool chasing Paul around with firecrackers. Jim and Mick were throwing a lame excuse of a ball at each other. Chris, Shawn, Sid, and Craig were apparently dancing to whatever music was in their heads. So I just stood in silent one and two syllable conversation with Joey.

     "You okay Kym?" Joey looked at me curiously.

      "Not really, this just isn't much my scene." I laughed dryly.

      "Same here, there's a coffee shop up the road. Wanna go get coffee and let the children be?" Joey's sarcasm on the last words made me laugh.

       "Yeah I don't think the children will even notice we're gone." I smiled and Joey and I left walking towards the coffee shop.

    It was kind of nice to be sitting in peace and quiet. Joey and I ordered our coffee's and sat down in the far back away from the counter.

      "So tell me what's really going on, you and I have been getting really close I can tell somethings up." Joey sipped his coffee.

       "I don't know Joey, I just feel down and it's not the kind of thing I can really explain to Corey. I try but I don't wanna bother him with all the feelings." I sighed trying to keep collected.

        "Kym I know Corey planned on going out with the guys. How about we watch scary movies and eat shit we shouldn't. Maybe that might help we can even talk if you need." Joey smiled.

        "I'd like that Joey, you really are a good friend. Where should we do it at?"

          "How about your place, we can stop by mine and I'll grab a few movies." Joey smiled.

           "Cool let's do it."

*              *            *

       "Let the horror movies begin." Joey's wanna be scary voice and laughter graced the room before dying out as the movie started.

      I chuckled slightly turning my attention to the television. We had decided to watch all of the Friday the 13th movies. It was quite the plan. I would call Corey in the morning. It was time for me to have some time with yet another friend. Since I had met him, Joey and I got close. Corey was glad I seemed to be making friends with the band.

*Corey's POV*

       Kym had walked off with Joey earlier probably in search of quiet, coffee and a good book. Kym and Joey had gotten to be good friends. That when my phone rang buzzed with a text from Kym.

   Hey Corey
       Watching movies with Joey, just want to let you know I'm okay. Love you Corey

     -Kymberly

      I replied, quickly making sure she got it before I got too drunk.

       That's fine Kym, Love you too Kyberly.

     -Corey

       "Was it Kym?" Jim looked over my shoulder.

        "Yeah she's just letting me know that she's alright." I smiled knowing she loved me enough that it wasn't a chore letting me know she okay.

         "That's sweet man, I think that's really cute." Jim smiled.

         "Oh shut up!"

        "Well it's true Corey, now come on we're meeting Paul at the bar."

         "Yeah let's go." I smiled.

      I walked with Jim to the car I wanted to be with Kym but I knew tomorrow I was going to hang out with her all day.  When we got to the bar everyone was already drinking. Paul handed us each a beer. I knew then that it was going to be a long night.

*Kymberly's POV*

     The movies played on, and I could tell that Joey was beginning to get scared. I felt slightly bad for him so I decided to ask if he was okay.

     "You okay Joey?"

     "Not really horror movies kind of scare me a little."

      "C'mere." I smiled and opened my arms.

    Joey scooted closer to me shrinking into my embrace. I smiled lightly knowing that Joey was like a child as well but in more of an endearing way. We continued to watch the horror movies. I could feel Joey jump slightly when something was a bit too gory.

     "Kym?"

     "Yeah?"

      "Can I stay with you tonight, these movies have scared the crap out of me." Joey looked nervous, and scared.

        "Of course Joey." I grinned.

        "Thank you Kym."

        "Joey thank you for spending time with me. I needed a night with a good friend and scary movies."

         "No problem Kym. I care about you. You're like a sister to me." Joey grinned.

         "Can I tell you something?" I was a little nervous.

          "You can tell me anything Kym."

          "I have been feeling down and not myself and I feel like I need people around me or I might go off the deep end." I sighed.

         "Kym we're all here for you. You're with Corey, you're part of the Slipknot family." Joey smiled.

        "Thanks Joey, I don't have a clue what I'd do without you guys." I sighed resting my head on his shoulder.

         "Are you tired Kym?" Joey yawned mid question.

         "Yeah I am, I'll come with you make sure you get settled."

         "Will you stay with me, I'm afraid to be alone." Joey looked down.

         "Oh okay Joey." I smiled and lead him to my room. We laid down side by side in bed.

     Before long I heard Joey snoring softly. It was quite a peaceful sight.

*Corey's POV*

      I was fucking blitzed and some guy kept fucking talking shit. I wasn't having any of it. Then he threw a punch and hit me square in the face. That's when I blacked out.

        "Shit Paul, get Corey off that guy!" Jim barked.

     Next thing I knew Paul was pulling me backwards and I was stumbling.  I could feel blood on my face and see it on my hands. I blacked out again.