Chapter 12: Vermilion Pt. 2

*Kymberly's POV*

   Sometimes you can't bring yourself to regret a decision that you made. This was one of those times. I couldn't seem to wrap my head around shit. I still was terrified to drive after what had happened. I didn't want to take that kind if gamble with my own life. I didn't trust myself yet.

    "Kymberly, are you alright?"

    "Yeah I'm fine, I just still feel scared of my own shadow."

    "It will pass." Corey tried to assure me.

    "I sure hope so." I tried to sound positive but it just wasn't working.

     "It will I promise." He kissed the top of my head.

   I took a deep breath trying desperately to convince myself that he was right.

    "Every one wants to see you make sure you're doing alright, you mind if they come over?" He smiled.

     "No I don't mind." I grinned slightly.

     "I'll let them know." He got up to go grab his phone.

     I sat thinking the day of the accident played over in my head.

    I left Mick's house and I was absolutely wrecked. I dialed Corey's number but when he answered I couldn't speak. I just sobbed uncontrollably. I lost control of the car and swerved hitting a street pole. I could hear the twisting metal of my car wrapping around the pole. I couldn't see or move I just felt the life slipping through my fingers. I wanted to try and scream for Corey but I couldn't make a sound. I saw him approach the car, I tried to tell him I was okay but I just couldn't I felt as though the air had been forced from my lungs. I also remembered faintly after that taking the narcotics before I had left Mick's house.

     "Kym?"

     "Yeah?"

     "You good?"

     "Yeah I just can't shake the memory. It haunts me, it feels like I'm never on my own anymore." I sighed.

     "Oh Kym, you survived for a reason. You're here for a reason." Corey's gentle voice made me break down.

   I cried, I just couldn't contain myself . I felt so broken and hurt and I couldn't see straight. It wasn't because of Corey, it was all the feelings and emotions from that accident. I felt like shit because I couldn't do anything but cry and hold onto him.

*Corey's POV*

    She was so scared, this thing haunted her. Then again I know what she was feeling, and I would do fucking anything to help her. She was so caught up in everything that she didn't see everyone else come in.

    "Hey Kym." Joey was the first one try and greet her.

    She turned to see who it was, when she saw Joey she quickly hugged him. Those two had always been close through everything since they met. It seemed to me Joey looked after her like a sister.

    "Hi Joey." She smiled.

    "How are you feeling?"

     "Well I still hurt somewhat and I can't seem to forget the day of the accident. Some people are glad they remember things like that, I just wish I didn't remember. I don't want to remember." She sighed bringing the sleeve of her sweater up to dry her eyes.

     "We're all here for you, you know that right?" He looked at her.

      "I know and I have no idea what I'd do without you guys." Kym smiled.

*Kymberly's POV*

     After a while I noticed Mick looked uncomfortable and I knew we needed to lay to rest any guilt or open wounds. I walked by him tapping his shoulder twice silently telling him to follow me.

    "I'm so sorry Kym, this wouldn't have happened if I had just made you stay no matter how angry at me you were." He looked at me. I could tell he felt responsible for what happened to me.

     "Mick, it's not your fault you did all you could do. It was my fault, I swerved and hit that power pole. I'm the one who got distracted and lost control." I didn't want him feeling bad, it wasn't his fault it was mine.

      "But if I had never told you it was over that day. You'd have never left my house that pissed off that all of this happened." He couldn't meet my gaze.

      "Mick, listen to me right now. I don't blame you for what happened. I blame me, you weren't in the car you don't know what I did minutes before I crashed. I do Mick, I know what happened and maybe if you knew you would quit blaming yourself. Mick in my car that night, I'm surprised they didn't find the empty pill bottles but I took narcotics in my car that night before I sped away." I told him the truth.

     "You're bullshitting me Kym." Mick looked like he didn't believe me.

      "Its the truth Mick, now you know everything." I turned my head away. I hadn't even told Corey that part. I didn't want him to know that I had taken the shit before driving.

     "Is that true?" I heard Corey's strained voice from behind me.

    "I hate to admit it but yes, it's true." I turned to Corey keeping my head hung low expecting him to yell and get pissed off at me but he was speechless as he pulled me into a hug.

    "Kym, I wish you would have told me. I don't hate you for it, I could never hate you. I'm just sorry you felt like that was an answer."

     "I'm sorry. I didn't tell you because I knew we were all under enough stress from the accident that we didn't need more from the fact that it wasn't the kind of accident you expected."

     "You don't have to apologize Kym. I'm just glad you made it out alive."

      "Corey you know I saw you from the car that night, I wanted to scream for you but I couldn't because it hurt and I felt like I had no air in my lungs. I thought that I wouldn't live to see us become real again." I broke as I threw my arms around him.

A/N: I made an edit to Vermilion today so if you read the version I published last night this chapter maybe confusing so I would go reread Chapter 11 if this confused you.