Chapter 6: Disasterpiece

*Corey's POV*

    Everything inside my head was fucked up and I hadn't talked to anyone in days. I hadn't even seen Kym in days either. I'm sure she was more than worried about me. I had been ignoring everyone when they called I just wanted to be left the fuck alone.

*Kymberly's POV*

     I woke up from a nap to a knock on my door. I was still half asleep and I couldn't figure out who was coming to see me. I was however beginning to worry about Corey. I hadn't seen or heard from him in a few days and he wasn't answering my calls.

   "Joey?" I was more than a little puzzled to see Slipknot's drummer standing in front of me.

    "Hey Kym, sorry to show up unannounced but I was wondering if you've heard from Corey, he's not answering any of our phone calls." Joey looked worried.

     "No I haven't and I worried about him. I love him to death and I'm afraid of losing him."

     "Me too, why don't we go to his place and see if he's there."

     "Let's go, we'll take my car."

     I walked out of my car Joey followed right behind me. I was extremely scared that something had happened to him.

      We drove in worried uncomfortable silence. I hoped that he was okay. When we got there the door was locked his car was there, we knocked on the door. We stood there waiting but got no answer.

    "Alright, I've had enough." I pulled two Bobby pins out of my hair.

     I picked the lock the same way I did  to his back door when we were kids sneaking in with him after dark.

     "You coming?" I looked at Joey.

     "Yeah." He looked at me kind of shocked.

    I walked up the stairs to his room and found him sitting on the floor against his bed. His eyes were red and he looked like he was pretty messed up.

    "Corey?" My voice was quiet and I reached out a hand towards him.

     "Kym?"

     "Yeah it's me and Joey, we got worried babe. What's wrong?"

       "I don't even know where to begin."

       "We've got time man." Joey was no beside me.

       I hugged him and he laid his head on my shoulder. I started humming softly. I knew he needed this because whatever was going on was making him very upset.

      "So are you going to tell me what's going on?"

      "I don't know for sure what's going on. I just feel nothing and I don't like it." His voice cracked as he whispered.

      "Babe, that's when you need people who care about you the most around you." I continued to hum softly.

      "I felt ashamed to be seen like this Kym."

      "Corey, man we all have bad days there's nothing to be ashamed of." Joey joined us on the floor on the other side of Corey.

       After a while Joey left and I stayed right beside Corey, I didn't want him to feel like I didn't care. I loved him more than anything. He was my world.

     "Corey, I want you to know I love you and I always care about you." I placed a kiss on the side of his head.

      "Kym, what did I do to deserve a girl like you?" Corey looked at me with his still very red eyes.

      "Because your you and that's more than enough for me." I smiled pulling him closer.

       "I love you." Corey's voice was a tired whisper.

       "I love you too, you sound tired let's sleep." My voice was just as soft.

    He nodded and we got into his bed lying side by side. He curled up in my side and I just smiled and put my arms around him again.

*Corey's POV*

      Kymberly was far too nice to me, I still didn't know what I did to deserve her. She was everything I wanted and I had her. She didn't car if we laid in bed all day when we weren't doing well. Fuck I don't know many women who are cool with just being lazy for a day because of emotion exhaustion.

     "Kym, thank you for everything." I spoke softly.

      "I do it cause I love you." She kissed my forehead.

    I soon fell asleep to the sound of her singing softly. She had a better voice than she gave herself credit for. I loved the sound of it.

*              *           *

      I woke up and I felt a lot better than I had in a few days. Kymberly was still sleeping soundly. I decided I was going to make breakfast so it would be ready when Kym woke up. I wanted to thank her for being so kind to be the day before. I decided to make it simple yet effective.

*Kymberly's POV*

     I woke up and Corey wasn't in bed but I smelt food coming from the kitchen but I didn't really want to move much at that particular moment so I laid there and stared at the ceiling. Eventually I decided to haul myself up from bed and go downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and saw Corey cooking, he was so focused he didn't even hear me enter.

     "Morning babe." I smiled and sat at the table.

      "Morning Kym, you got up just in time." Corey smiled that unique somewhat dorky smile that I had grown to love so much.

        "I can see that." I smiled.

      I sat there still half asleep trying to wake up and I didn't really feel like coffee. As I was trying to wake up I realized how hungry I really was. I guess it was a good think he was cooking.

      "Its ready." He smiled as he put food in front of me.

     I smiled back and he grabbed his and sat across from me. We didn't really sat but much we didn't really have to. We could enjoy just being with each other. It was a simple quiet morning after the storm.