Chapter 3: I Am Not Going To Die. Not Today

Chapter dedicated to @SianaghGallagher

Chapter 3: I Am Not Going To Die. Not Today

"So, where were you?" I asked burying my face into Jasper's shoulders, kissing the valley between his neck and shoulder, the thin platinum chain cold against my lips.

"Hmm?" he half moaned and half hummed in question, tilting his head and gave me more access as I sucked the flesh under his jaw, making his hands clench my thighs as a groan escaped his lips.

After another one of our long make-out sessions, this time under the sun, I pulled away from him and walked to a shady place and sat huddled against the wall tiredly.

More like my traitor legs were jelly and I couldn't stand.

The lazy bastard jumped into my lap instead of settling beside me—literally, might I add, his back against my chest. My arduous effort to push him away went vain. So I gave up and made myself comfortable, pulling him more into me, enjoying the feeling of him in my hands.

There were still 40 minutes left in the 65-minute lunch break, so we decided to stay there.

"The last two hours. Where were you?" I murmured, pecking my way up his neck to his jaw, tracing my lips along the way and stopped with a lingering kiss in his cheek, waiting for his answer.

The cheek on his face, people. Get your mind out of the gutter.

"The school committee had a meeting", He sighed leaning into me as he took my hands in his, tracing my palm with one light touch before intertwining them together.

"Going to accept the position then? Good", I said.

"Of course, I am. Why wouldn't I?"

"Just the gossip", I shrugged, placing my chin on his shoulder and closing my eyes, "Your friends said that you were too heartbroken to accept a position".

"Heartbroken, huh", His chuckle vibrated against my body, making my eyes open, "Want me to show you how heartbroken I am?" He turned to me, his eyes dancing with mischief. My cheeks flush.

"No, thank you. I am good", I slapped him away.

For now at least.

"OW! This is domestic violence", He rubbed his head with an injured expression, frowning at me.

I raised my eyebrow, "Oh, really? Then what do you call locking your husband in your room while he was taking a shower?"

He gasped before bursting out laughing, "When did this happen?"