Chapter 10: I Forgot About My Husband

After the inauguration and the oath-taking ceremonies, we walked out of the auditorium.

Jasper and all the other presidents were still on the stage, talking with Principal Taylor and some other staffs.

I pulled out the phone from my pocket. Finally.

You know the feeling of utter disappointment you feel when there is no new notification?

My phone looked lifeless without a single notification, I frowned and looked at the time, It was 12.35, 5 minutes until the lunch break, the assembly took two hours and a break in between to get over.

When I asked Raiden where we supposed to go now, he said it was okay for us to go directly to the cafeteria, as the bell will be ringing before we reach back to our class.

An internal joy liberated in me when my phone vibrated with a text message. It was from Jasper, asking for me to join him in the roof, the same place we met yesterday. I replied with an okay and turned to that way, completely forgetting the two was walking with me.

"Where are you going ?",Raiden demanded, making me freeze.

"Um, to my locker, "I lied looking over my shoulder and pointing towards the direction with my hands.

He shook his head in denial, "No, you're coming with us. To eat. You still look pale."

"It's okay Raiden, I am fine now", I replied throwing a big smile at their direction, "You guys carry on."

"No, you coming with us, "Raiden ordered crossing his arms, his eyes narrowed at mine daring me to protest, "you are not okay."

When I open my mouth again to reason, Clayton cut me off.

"Just hear him okay. You almost fainted in there. And if you faint for real, I would've to carry you," Clayton complained rolling his eyes, "And I don't want to do that."

"You don't have a choice now, bro," Raiden smirked.

I sighed and followed them. The walk to the cafeteria didn't take a long time.

As soon as we entered through the double door, the smell of food hit me like a truck and my stomach reacted with a loud growl.

Raiden chuckled after hearing that, "Come on", he nodded to the food court.

I looked around the large area once and beelined with the two to collect the plates.

The cafeteria was fancy, surrounded by three sides of long windows and the remaining side, a simple plan wall painted in grey and with a blue metallic door through which we entered. The long windows gave a clear view of a huge garden outside, filled with plants with different kind of flowers. The school is freaking awesome.