Chapter 5: Stop Making Out And Come Down

Chapter 5: Stop Making Out And Come Down

After a long lecture from Mama Sarah, about how I shouldn't scare people like that, especially when they are carrying something in their hand, she let me mop the stains from the marble floor.

"Go and clean yourself.I'll finish this in the meantime," she nodded towards the pan.

I nodded and walked out towards the couch for my bag and to the hallway, that led to the spiral stairs to our room.

Mine and Jasper's.

Our room was big enough for both of us. For a separate study table, cupboards, couches and walk-in closets. The room was big enough for two people living together.

The king size bed in the middle of the room with two-night lamps on either side was inviting to take a nap after a long day. I sighed and unbuttoned my shirt yanking it off. The platinum chain, which is an exact replica of Jasper's suddenly felt cold against my skin.

I took it in my hand and traced it down until it reached the band that was hanging down.

A wedding band.

My wedding band.

I let out a breath to let myself away from the path of my thoughts.

After a quick shower, I walked to the closet and dressed in sweatpants and a lose full handed black t-shirt.

When I walked back to the room, something caught my eye.

A red wooden box was laying by the other shoe boxes inside the closet. But this one caught my eye because it was familiar and I know what was there inside it.

So I took it and walked to the bed, settled beside the box and opened it.

It had a collection of the photos in albums. It had photos of Jasper when he was just a baby. That means there were some photos of mine too.

The first album was blue colored, had photos of just the two of us.

Our mom had this one made specially, I remember I had one exactly like this back in my home too.

The photo dated from the first time, we met Jasper family and how the Journey started.

It was funny to think now, about how we actually had met. I don't remember it of course. I was six months old. But the number of times I heard it from my mom and Jasper's were enough.

Seems like the nurse interchanged us after a vaccination. Mama Sarah was so shocked when she got a baby with a slightly darker skin than hers.

A baby with dark-brown eyes than Blue eyes.