Chapter 13: In A World Where You Loved Me

"You weren't nervous, were you?"

That was the first question Jasper asked once he came out of the shower that evening.

After devouring our tasty–my chocolatey chocolate donuts, mama ordered us to go to our room, and do our homework.

And when Jasper asked his parents about their decision on us moving out, their one look made me want to scramble out of the kitchen.

"After dinner."

That was the one– okay, the two-word response we got from Papa who raised his eyebrows in a challenge for us to say otherwise.

I was sitting on the floor by the balcony in our room, looking out to the now setting sun that colored the clouds in beautiful red and yellow across the sky. I rested my head at the wall behind me when Jasper's hand came around my shoulders making me rest my head against his arm.

He plopped down next to me, pulled me into his arm and kissed my hair, placed his head over mine.

"You weren't nervous, were you?" Jasper repeated when I didn't answer the first time.

I sighed and shook my head looking away from him in shame and embarrassment.

"Myl?" Jasper called me, lifting his head to fully look down to me, "Come on, talk to me."

I pressed my forehead further into his arms and closed my eyes, refusing to look up at him, "Talk to me," He murmured pulling me further into him.

I let out an embarrassed laugh, opening my eyes back, "I was jealous?" I said in low voice, but it came out as a question.

Jasper's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Why?"

I shook my head, "It's stupid," Jasper nodded for me to continue his hands came up stroking my cheek, "It's looking at the whole school admiring you and-and you felt different, Jas. Like it was the first time I am seeing you. Just made me realize how much I had missed in the past 7years."

Jasper didn't answer right away. His hands left my face and went back to my hands and intertwined with them. I was anxious for his reply, because jealousy was never an issue for us, well except one time.

"Jas?"I whispered.

"What made you feel that?" He asked his thumb tracing the vein in the back of my hand.

"I don't think jealousy is the right word to use on how I feel."

"Tell me how you feel then."

"I told you, the way the people looked at you was not something I have ever seen. After the past two days in school, the whole school loves you. They adore you, Jas. I know they did even before. But seeing it with my own eyes was different. I just felt like I missed a great part of your life, you know. And it's my fault."