8. A SPIDER AND A BASEBALL BAT

LEILA

"I can't believe you're going to be late on your graduation." I scolded myself as I did my morning stuff in a ninja speed. I over slept this morning and was now regretting the 10 minutes morning pleasure.

Graduation! Can't believe I will be in collage after summer. Luckily Rachel, Luke and I are going in same collage but different courses. Tyler will be off to Milan for his designing course. I'm going to miss him like crazy. Rachel decided that her sassy mouth can finally put into some good use, so she opted for Law. Luke was going for business major. And me being me, I was going to go for Archaeology major.

What totally sucks is Ezra and Jack is going on a same collage. The devil just can't seem to get enough of me. Like he wants to bite my ass in every way he can.

But the thing is I have decided to give up. I've decided to give up on everybody but me and the one who loves me. I will live my life to the fullest. I'm not going to waste my energy and time on people who feel like make me feel like I'm an option.

That is exactly what Ezra did and I let him, because my stupid ass thought forgiveness and compromises is what relationship is all about. But it's not...Its much more than that. And I'm only eighteen for heaven sakes. I'm too young to think that my life is over without him. Do I love him still? Of course I do. But I need to love myself more.

For the graduation ceremony I opted for a blue sundress. I kept my hair loose as I slightly curled them. I kept my makeup minimal. And I was off to the last day of my school. I realized I'm going to meet a lot of Sophie's in my life and similarly a lot of good people as well.

 I realized I'm going to meet a lot of Sophie's in my life and similarly a lot of good people as well

At school students were already lined up, parents and relatives were seated in. Mr. Daniel came because no one else from my family did. Not that I need anyone else.

He sat on the front row, wearing suit tie looking all so formal. He was smiling like it was the best day of their life. Seeing their faces I couldn't help but smile. He was proud of me.

"You're late Miss. Rena; the girl couldn't come on time even on her graduation ceremony." Mr. Parkinson said glaring at me. I gave him an apologetic look as I stood behind Rachel.

The student vise president Maria came towards me running. Looking slightly worried. "Hey, you look worried." I said as Maria squeezed between me and Rachel.

"Um... okay please don't kill me, but you have to give the speech in place of Sophie." Maria said.

"What? Me... spe... Speech? But why?" I frowned. I had not prepared any speech, having a spotlight was Sophie's life not mine.

"Well she can't make it. For some family emergency she had to go out of town. So coach said you're up." she said.

Well that sucks! "But I don't even know what to say. I'm not prepared; can't you go instead of me?" I asked making puppy dog eyes.