24. DO YOU MEAN THAT?

LEILA~

"I'll have a medium steak, a blueberry muffin with some extra fries... a cheese burger with strawberry milkshake with vanilla ice cream on top." I gave my order happily.

The young guy who was our waiter looked at me his mouth hung open

The young guy who was our waiter looked at me his mouth hung open. And I knew what he was thinking... about my dinosaur of the stomach. He looked at Ezra sitting in front of me and gulped.

He jotted down whatever I had blabbered in excitement. "What would you like to have sir?" he asked Ezra.

"Just a burger, fries and a coke please." Ezra said.

"Don't you always surprise people" Ezra taunted me as the waiter left.

"Hey...from all people you were the last person I expected to say that." I said pouting angrily.

"C'mon,.. hah you totally blew that guy." He said teasing.

"Fine... cancel my order. I don't want to eat anything." I said looking away.

"Hey... I'm sorry you know I'm just teasing you." He said.

"Whatever..." I said. No way in hell I'm letting him go away with it this time. He always does that.

"You know I'll love you even if you gain hundreds of pounds." He said and I couldn't help but smile.

"Even when I'll start talking like a rag road side lady and have bucked teeth and wrinkled skin?" I questioned him.

"Even when in time you will feel lost... I'll always be there to hold you and love you and cherish you and spoil you with things you love." He said looking me into the eyes. I blushed and looked away. This guy... will be the ultimate death of me. Gosh!

This man is mine and mine only. Our order soon came and I ate like I was eating for the first time in months. "Let's walk home." Ezra said. "What about your car?" I asked.

 "What about your car?" I asked

"I'll pick it up tomorrow." He said and with his hand in mine we walked out of the diner. We were walking in silence, guys and girls of our age were hanging out.