21. LYING BASTARD

LEILA~

"You ready?" Rachel asked. For the first time in life, I could say that this girl was looking sophisticated. She was wearing a clean white dress. Her hair was tied in a beautiful braided tail. On the other hand I was wearing a maroon evening gown. I was feeling a little bold tonight so I thought why not try and look bold.

 I was feeling a little bold tonight so I thought why not try and look bold

It's been a while since I've met my father. Besides I wore it because Sara used to love dressing up. I still remember how she uses to dress up on every occasion. No matter how hard I try I will still never be able to look as beautiful as her.

The dark colored gown complimented my skin, my hair in loose natural curls. "Remind me why do we need to dress up like this again?" Rachel asked struggling with her hair.

"Because... it's a formal occasion. We have to represent ourselves in sophisticated manner. It's important for our community and town." I said repeating it for the thirtieth time.

"And you think you can wear that with smoky eyes , showing off your sexy figure is sophisticated?" Rachel asked in a teasing manner.

"Yes... the same way you can wear that virgin white with stilettos showing off your long legs." I retorted back. And we both burst off laughing.

"You think Ezra will come?" I asked Rachel carefully. I can't afford to get in trouble with Rachel. She will sense what I'm thinking in less than a minute.

"I don't know... and why do we even have to care." Rachel said nonchalantly.

"Hmm..." I trailed off. My mind wonder back to the memories of yesterday when Damon and I talked about Ezra , and the pathetic me cried in front of him.

I don't know what Damon is thinking right now. After we talked about Ezra, Damon was back to being himself, the caring, rude and handsome guy that he was. I didn't get the chance to tell him that I'll be present in the event today. So I thought why not surprise him.

"Hello... okay... we're ready." Rachel murmured into her cell phone.

"Let's go." Rachel said. Since Rachel moved back with Luke, I was all alone and it sucked. Chase did offer me that he can shift in my room as long as Ezra doesn't come but I didn't want to bother him.

I was really happy for Rachel and Luke. Luke was his self again. Happy and always smiling...this woman have a grip on him. Half of the student body was going. Only those whose parents were the part of council.

I find it weird us going to the meeting because we have never attained such meetings before. I wonder why they are inviting us. Nonetheless I was looking forward to this meeting because first I get to see my father, whom I haven't met since... I don't remember. Second I will also get a glimpse of Mr. Robert's son.

Until now he was in Sydney, he has soon joined the company as soon as he graduated dealing with a company branch. And as my father says I will be handling company affairs with him. I should get to know him well...Not that I want to be a part of the company.